Diesel Place banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’ve already done that all and seems to have no luck what do ever. Replaced ficm, wiring looks okay, can’t find any corrosion or any bad things with fuses or connector pins. I’m out of ideas at this point almost makes no sense. Almost convinced to just replace the ecm at this point but like I said I don’t want to just keep throwing money at it
Only code that seems to pop up consistently is the u1800 code but I replaced my ficm and have power to it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Only code that seems to pop up consistently is the u1800 code but I replaced my ficm and have power to it
Cleaned out every connector air blower then dry had everything where it should be fuel to the injectors and still nothing. Just cranks and cranks, still receiving the same problem codes and doesn’t seem to be any wiring because I have power at the modules. Just don’t get it

·
Registered
379 Posts
i'm sorry to say it but you need to get a scanner on it to read the live and freezeframe data and see whats up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i'm sorry to say it but you need to get a scanner on it to read the live and freezeframe data and see whats up.
It seemed to have a problem reading and when it finally did I got crazy random codes that would make no sense to the issue. After washing it I almost believe the ECM must’ve gone bad after contacted with water or something. Any help on that would be much appreciated

·
Registered
48 Posts
03 LB7 's are not usually prone to wire harness issues, 04.5 LLY are.
We ran into a similar issue, same symptoms after replacing injectors on an LB7,dealer had it for 3 days and the most experienced tech could not figure it out with a tech 2 and so we towed it back to the house. The solution was to disconnect the batteries, let set for 10 min and hook them up again negative first then positive. Not saying that this will cure your issue but this allows the ECM next to the alternator to reset. Hope this will help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just a thought, make sure battery voltage stays above 11.0 volts cranking. FICM will shut down when voltage is too low.

Reactions: biotec

·
Registered
959 Posts
Pull your glow plug controller relay and see if it will start on ether.if it runs you probably need injectiors.at least you’ll be able to check your balance rates

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Pull your glow plug controller relay and see if it will start on ether.if it runs you probably need injectiors.at least you’ll be able to check your balance rates
For the few seconds i had it running before from the ficm I installed I was able to check balance rates and everything seemed okay in that way. But still have no luck in getting it to stay running. Seems like a really weird problem

21 - 29 of 29 Posts