Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2003 LB7 that needed injectors it was filling up my oil with diesel. So got injectors changed and return lines changed. Put everything back together and truck only cranks for like maybe 4 seconds and it stop cranking even with me having key in crank position. Got a scan on it to read live data and it gave me code u1800 lost communication with FICM, fuel pressure regulator circuit open, I checked all connectors and connections checked for chaffed wires by alternator nothing. Fuses all good also. So my question is could it be a bad FICM. Could the FICM Cause the truck to just crank for a short second like 4 seconds and just stop on it own and not fire. NOTE: I had no codes no problems nothing before changing injectors other then the fuel in oil problem. After injector change is when I got codes. ANY ADVICE WOULD HELP ME ALOT!!

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

Start by individually load testing your batteries.
Any weak battery cells can cause strange electrical gremlins to appear
(y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Start by individually load testing your batteries.
Any weak battery cells can cause strange electrical gremlins to appear
(y)
I’ll test batteries. I haven’t had no weak battery symptoms though but I’ll definitely check it!!

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,440 Posts
Check the ground wire under driver's cab and back of block for any corrosion. Check the ECM connectors, both of them, male and female sides, for corrosion.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 4 of 4 Posts