·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who lazer cuts injector nozzels? THANKS, Roger

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are you talking about EDM?? I know Kennedy sells them, but I don't think he modifies them himself.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not EDM. I wanted someone that uses lazer cutting. The was a dodge guy on another forum that talked about a company doing this for the dodges, but he didnt say the name. Lazer would be very accurate!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I don't know of anyone laser cutting injectors, the only thing I know of that is laser cut is delivery valves for a 12V Cummins injector pump?

Extrudehone and EDM (electrical discharge machining) are the only two processes that I have seen availible.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
EDM is +/- .001 accuracy. Don M's injectors are very popular with the Cummins boys and his are EDM. Duramax and Common Rail Cummins injectors are in the works according to his website.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Does anybody have any good "big stick" programs for the Dmax yet??

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
"If you build it they will come" :)
Yah, no kidding Guy, quit screwing around and build it already!!! :D

My primary interest in larger injectors has to do with making the same (or more?) power with a shorter injector pulse.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
My primary interest in larger injectors has to do with making the same (or more?) power with a shorter injector pulse.
I agree with it in theory. I just haven't seen any one make more power yet, because it all comes down to fuel delivery. Time, Pressure, Orifice.

More fuel in a shorter amount of time would be great but I think the CP3 still can't keep up and the rail pressure goes south, so the actual quantity of fuel is.........................

·
Registered
536 Posts
True, but "in theory" shouldn't the drivability of the larger programs get better with a narrower injection pulse?? Some of these big programs (albeit the generic tuner ones) are tweeky as hell to drive around with. It'd be nice to make the same power without my wife asking me what's wrong with the truck when it bucks and surges on the freeway or does something else wacky.

I probably just need to quit F-ing around and buy the commercial EFI Live so I can fix the crap myself. :eek::

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
True, but "in theory" shouldn't the drivability of the larger programs get better with a narrower injection pulse?? Some of these big programs (albeit the generic tuner ones) are tweeky as hell to drive around with. It'd be nice to make the same power without my wife asking me what's wrong with the truck when it bucks and surges on the freeway or does something else wacky.

I probably just need to quit F-ing around and buy the commercial EFI Live so I can fix the crap myself. :eek::
Been there. I have some really tweaky EFILive programs that make big power. As of late, some really nice programs to drive that make big power.
Of course I'm always experimenting. So the soon to be released DSP2 switchable tune always has a wife tune on one side and one for me on the other.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Works for Me as well as a certain Georgia boy! No modified CP3 yet either although we are surely pushing the limits...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.