Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 D/A ext cab 2WD 3.73 locker.

Plan on taking it to test and tune night when it cranks back up.

Any words of wisdom on the best way to launch it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
BMDMAX or DieselTech can help more with launching a 2wd. In 4wd I can cut 1.6X sixty foot times. If you get under 2 second sixty foot times with a 2wd you're doing good but you will need slicks to do it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
LongBiker,

We are pretty close to each other so let me know when you go, I am always up for some launch practice. It depends on your mods and what tires you are running. I was running high 14's on the stock tires, dropped it down to 14.1 with the 18-inch rims and the 285/60's and down to 13.1 on the slicks.

Here is what I do at the tree and has worked pretty well with all the tires I have run. Once I get pre-staged I hold the brake and start working the fuel pedal. Let the truck inch forward until you have a full stage. Lock your brakes and start powerbraking the truck. You will not have time to watch the tach, it will be all by feel. At that point you have to work the timing on the lights, since you will likely be running a sportsman's tree at most test and tune nights. I try to launch pretty much after the second light, give or take a bit since you only have five tenths of a second for the third light and another five tenths before the green light. I like have the boost built by powerbraking by the second light so that it is a seamless process as possible.

I do set the boost monitor light on my SPA DG211 for the level of boost I want to make for the traction conditions. It is a nice eye level indicator that I have my boost built and ready for launch.

I know it sounds complex but it really is easier to see in person and after some practice it gets more routine. Clear as mud, right?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Drag racing is awesome!!!

I can't get enough of it.... My camaro will consistantly pull 1.60 60's thats a rush!!!

I can't wait to get my truck out there and see what the d-max can do.... any kill some ricers in the process!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.