Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quad sent out my 135 tuner on Monday. Its 7:50 pm and guess who backs into the driveway.....the big brown truck. Very good....now I'll have it for Greatlakes Dragway tomorrow in Union Groove, WI. I just got my gauges installed in my 2500HD that I took out of my 3500 today too. I installed them myself at Kennedy's shop.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plugged it in and set to 135. I test ran a 135 from Kennedy so I knew what to expect. Now that I can see the numbers I feel better. A 0 to 65 blast up an on ramp yielded 27 lbs of boost and 1400 degrees. A quarter mile run should peg my pyrometer at 1500. These numbers should be OK for short blasts. With these pullers (Tomac) and Kennedy pulling 1700 and higher, their engines are still running.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I have never been able to hit 1500 with the 135 Stealth. I believe 1385* or there abouts is the max so far. But then I have never hit more then 24.something on boost either.

Is the waste gate modified? Or are you revving her up above the factory rev limit? Now if the answer to both of those questions are yes, Then I know you can boost much higher then 25 or even 35#

Let us know how she does at the track!

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have a hard time hitting 1300 with 135. I haven't pulled with it yet but it seems pretty easy on the EGT's. 25 psi max on the boost so far.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
mav i am glad you finally got your 135 did your other problems get corrected as well,hope so and hope you and your wife are doing well,shoot me a line next time you are in N C and hopefully we can get together again....jess

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Is the waste gate modified? Or are you revving her up above the factory rev limit?"

Still stock. This tune does raise my rev limit to 3500 rpm.

Its all in the gauges. Different brands, thermocouplers, and postions throw different numbers. Mine is in the pass. man. I would rather it read a little hot than to cold....if you know what I mean.

5th gear can't hold the 135. I zinged it trying to pass someone on the way to the drag strip in Union Groove, WI. I set codes:

<TABLE width="100%" border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>

DTC P0700</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom>

Transmission Control Module (TCM) Requested MIL Illumination</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

<TABLE width="100%" border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>

DTC P0735</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom>

Incorrect 5th Gear Ratio</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Cleared them with the Quad and was on my way.

I didn't run my truck however.

You got it King....U da man!Edited by: Maverick

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Pyrometer probe mass will have a definite effect on max EGT's. Mine is .0625" diameter, so it is lightning fast...

Mav, It won't take too many zings like that to put your Alli in the "needs clutches to do anything" mode...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mav, It won't take too many zings like that to put your Alli in the "needs clutches to do anything" mode...

Thats why I put the 70 tune in today. I would like to save the tranny for a Trans-go in the near future.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"The Quad will clear TCM codes unlike the Pred ?? "

Never thought about that but if these codes are from the TCM....it clears them no problem.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Maverick said:
"The Quad will clear TCM codes unlike the Pred ?? "

Never thought about that but if these codes are from the TCM....it clears them no problem.
Interesting ..
So the Mil extinguished and did not return .... Cool ......`

Mac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts