Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trucks 2nd to 3rd shift is late, when I am on it, it redlines and then shifts 2 or 3 seconds later. How do I change my shift points??? Mike L., I need you!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Common mike l, what can I do here dude to make my 2-3 shift sooner?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Locking up the torque convertor helps mine out. Unlocked it seems as if the engine is just powering through it. Could be that a problem is being masked when the tq convertor is locked up though.

·
Registered
801 Posts
are u manually lockin ur torque converter?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BD torsqloc
how much for that and where can I get one?

I do not think that I am slipping, it red lines while I have it floored and the truck just feels like it lazzily shifts to third and then 10 more MPH it locks up the TC and then it REALLY PULLS STRONG.

WHat computer do I need to change shift points, it there a program and cable that I can get?

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
WHat computer do I need to change shift points, it there a program and cable that I can get?
REFLASH!!!!
A reflash can change your shift points to match. Most of the in-line adjusters will only raise line pressure(which you don't need with the HD2), or raise the shift points up to a higher RPM. You'll need a custom re-flash to lower the shift points.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think that all of the reflashes offered for the 6.5 will include higher shift points. If not I'm sure you could request it. The torqloc doesn't play well with OBII controlled systems sadly. There is a thing on Bill Heaths web site about hooking up a simple switch that will lock up the convertor, I don't know if it will apply to you but you can always look.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe I will reflash it, I want another ecm though to go to stock. I need to find a spare I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you want quick on-road tuning and adjustability and got about $600 to blow then I'd recommend the TCI Transmission Control Unit System. Its on the fly programming and elminates the ecu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts