Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone else running large tires has problems with launching in 4wd. Mine bounces the tires off the ground alternating from one side to the other.. My 60' times are horrible now in 2wd.. My best last thurs was a 2.2..... I tried air pressure from 21 lbs to 30 lbs.. I'd like to get the truck in the 13's with my current combination.. If not I guess I'll have to break down and go with the quad box.. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS AS WELL. BELIVE ME YOU DONT WANNA BREAK A TIE-ROD. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. ARE YOUR RIMS OFFSET??? IF YOURE GONNA DO MUCH RACING BE SURE TO LET TEH TORSION BARS ALL TEH WAY DOWN IT PUTS THE TIERODS IN LESS OF AN AGLE. IM SURE MTOMAC AND KINGD CAN TELL YOU MORE AS WELL, THEY PLAY ROUGH LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Let me get this staight. You have traction problems, you are bouncing your front tires, and now the Quad box will solve this problem? Is there something wrong with this thinking?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
The 9" lift and 38" tires aren't helping matters much. First I would lower the torsen bars down all the way. If that isn't enough try adding a rachet strap from the centerlink to the crossmember that the lower A-arms bolt to. This will pull down on the centerlink and keep it from moving. This movement pulls the tierods and causes toein. If a more permanent solution is desired get a centerlink stabilizing link that is used on some IFS lift kits. The centerlink stabilizing link will keep the centerlink from moving up and down but it will still let it move side to side when turning.

What lift do you have? Superlift is one lift company I know of that uses a centerlink stabilizing link in their IFS lift kits. There might be a couple other suspension companies out there that use one as well.

http://www.superlift.com/products/chevy/34ton.asp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts