Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a bigger fuel tank for my dually. I have checked Super tanks and Aero and the biggest I can find is a 58 gal. tank. I want more. Does anyone know of a company that makes one? and if so is there anyone that has experience with that company. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a product and then have to go through hell to make it fit/work right or leave a lot of fuel in the tank that is not usable.
TIA

Max

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
The possible tank size is limited by the available space under the bed, Big Max. The Supertank is one for sure that squeezes every possible square inch of available space, so if that's not enough, you're not going to find anything larger that I'm aware of. For really big capacity you're going to have to go in-bed and American Tank www.auxtank.com has tanks that are 5th-wheel friendly for long bed up to 115 gallons. You could also put an OEM (chassis cab) style 30 gallon under bed in place of your spare in combination with an oversize tank in the OEM position.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called SuperTanks and they told me their biggest tank was a 62 gal. The website needs updating. I ordered one.
$150.00 fill ups here I come!!!!

Max

·
Registered
272 Posts
It is good to hear that I am not the only one out there that wants as much fuel as possible. I have a 90 gallon in the bed tank that the top 8 inches is tool box. www.rdsaluminum.com and has a 6 way valve and a switch that I can switch tanks on the fly. Also wired into the stock fuel sender wires so I know where i stand on fuel level. I was at SEMA this last october and Taylor Wing is now making replacement tanks. www.transferflow.com has a good replacement tank as well. With my 124 gallons, I have almost 1800 mile range without pulling and a little over 1500 pulling.

Chris

2006 LBZ crew cab dually
buckstop bumer w/piaa 520 lights
custom headache rack
rail kit for both 5th wheel and goose neck
eagle aloys w/mich. 285's
lund vent visor
US Speedo custom cluster (will post pics this weekend)
90 gallon RDS bed tank/tool box
5 inch moto blue exhaust w/6 inch tip
in the middle of a custom navigation and sound system install :ro)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.