Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed these on a chevy? Curious just how practical they are.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
saw pics sometime ago. if they are what i think they are they suck. there wasnt much room to get into the truck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thay do look pretty bad *** thou. Wonder if they would stand up. To our super nice weather up here.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've seen two types. One like the above only goes up half way. There are some that rotate 3/4 forward that allow better access. I have seen manual kits for about 500 and power with electric struts for 1800. The ones I have seen in person were top notch kits that fit well. I believe the guy said they were made for each specific application. I do not recall the company, though.

DMAXBOB

·
Registered
762 Posts
IMHO not worth the money but they look cool on show trucks

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
if your going lambo door route, be sure not to get a cheap kit. this is a place to spend the money. the amount of money you spend will dictate on the ease of installation and the quality of the fit and finish. i dont think anyone makes a kit for these trucks, so youll have to find a universal kit and fab one up most likely. but definatly do your hw or youll have one crappy lookin set of doors.

on a side not, a guy i worked with put a set on a late 80s firebird. the kit is universal, so there was a lot of cutting, measuring and welding. turned out real nice though, all the gaps were even and opening and closing was smooth.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
x2

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
And don't forget, if you roll your truck and the truck is upside down...you can't get out. :eek:
JP

·
Registered
846 Posts
um yeah. I get annoyed by the wind noise I get with my doors now when driving into a stiff wind. I bet those babies really leak. Not to mention they would hit the frickin ceiling in the garage.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Stylin concepts has a bolt on kit for our trucks. Iirc its about $1800.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Come on , it's a truck.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I wouldn't want to wait for them to open and close in a driving rain storm. Not much good in parking garages either. :(

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I've seen them on a couple trucks at jamborees, not very practical for a daily driver thats for sure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankx for the replys, They are ordered. local body shop found a set for $1800.00USD. With hydralic assist. They open out then tilt 90 degrees up. This truck has become a toy. Hard not to do with all the after market options available. Should be here in 2weeks. Just looking to stand out from the crowd. Will get some pics ounce everything is a go.

·
Registered
845 Posts
jollyrogr;1600163; said:
um yeah. I get annoyed by the wind noise I get with my doors now when driving into a stiff wind. I bet those babies really leak. Not to mention they would hit the frickin ceiling in the garage.

The 14" of lift and 38's proably prevent that already.:D

Anyway, congrats on the order and keep us posted on progress and pics. Its not the direction most of us would go but its your truck, so enjoy it and do what you want.

DMAXBOB

·
Registered
260 Posts
You for sure will stand out in the crowd!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts