Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this year, we haven't had any official fast 4 classes, but after talking to a few racers and looking at our competitors, there seems to be the interest. I say we get this going and organize it starting the next event - I will do what I can to help. How does this sound?

How about we make the fast 4 part of the competition #2 only. There are a few reasons for this. For one, I think we have at least a few trucks that will go sub 11.50's on the bottle, which will require a cage - I know not everyone is ready to put a cage in yet. #2 only will certainly keep the times down and limit those needing a roll bar. Second, I think running on diesel alone will limit the cost involved in each pass and certainly reduce the chance of carnage. Not to mention, it will add another element of tuning to the eqation where racers will have to find other ways to go faster besides more spray. This isn't all my idea, but I think it is a good one. What do some of the others out there think?

Craig

·
Registered
89 Posts
Racing on #2 is OK with us we just need to get that turbo on and put some more injectors in and work on some new tuning. We are going to do that anyway. We are also going to go with the full cage on the truck as we have another goal to reach that will require it.

Would be able to spray a little H20 for tempurature control ??
Just a thought

Is there a weight limit :Nothing_f :joke:

GENE

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm in. At 15.3 I may have a chance!!!!;););););););):lol::lol:
Betty

·
Registered
631 Posts
Betty, only if you run over a couple of trucks.):h It could happen.:exactly: :D
Alright already!!! I think it's time for the 4x4 conversion so you guys will take me seriously.:D And Craig has been trying to talk me into a new turbo for a long time so you better watch out.:muahaha::Get_him:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good deal Gene, like you said, nothing keeping people from building roll bars or cages that want to run faster on their own, but for the sake of keeping as many involved in the fast 4 as possible and to keep costs down, this should help. - You seem to agree. Hopefully by next season, we will have enough fast trucks out there to have our own pro street class and then we play by those rules, but for now, hopefully this will cut it. As for the water, not my call, I suppose we take a vote among the competitors. I know some guys have to keep it off their trucks for pulling, so I'm not sure. Yeah, I was thinking, minimum weight - 7500 lbs, that should keep the lil red truck in its place - ):h Can't wait to see how the truck runs next time out Gene.

Lets get it going Betty, I'm ready.
Craig

·
Registered
631 Posts
Sure, just need to find a 900 lb turbo so I can make the minimum weight. :help:):h):h

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm in, as for water, I say no. Its to hard to tech if someone is running meth with their water. #2 only no if and or but about it.
Thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No water is OK we just need to work on temps , we run a little high

GENE

·
Registered
314 Posts
What I don't? My gauge is peged before i leave the line.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Alright already!!! I think it's time for the 4x4 conversion so you guys will take me seriously.:D And Craig has been trying to talk me into a new turbo for a long time so you better watch out.:muahaha::Get_him:
Lets just turn it into a 2WD drag truck , I know how :grd: :grd:

GENE

·
Registered
631 Posts

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I'm all "four" a #2 only "fast four" or eliminator.

Water/meth poises the same issue that propane does. If you are only 0.1 down on the competition, you'll dial the meth up, perhaps to unsafe levels. Guys have blown engines getting greedy with meth just like pane.

We can make power on #2 in a Dmax that is perhaps competitive. We will know soon enough. ;)

Another issue is that 11 sec ET's accelerate transmission wear radically, so by keeping it to #2, it will save on the "wear and tear" costs per pass.

Obviously we will still have the head gasket issues, in that guys will try to run more PSI through the motor than it will hold, but drugs will add to the pain.

It would be nice if there was a Stock Four too, where you must run stock engine/injectors/turbo for the more normal folk who show up at the track, with a tuning-only truck. But it would be a Duramax Only race. :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well said Pat. So who else might be interested. So far we have Gene, Tim and Pat. Where are the rest of you? Doug, Frank, any others? Where is Steve(VooDooTrucker)? Anything out of your stable? Where has dieselracer been, haven't heard from him in a while? Is he still working on a race truck?

Craig

·
Registered
314 Posts
It would be nice if there was a Stock Four too, where you must run stock engine/injectors/turbo for the more normal folk who show up at the track, with a tuning-only truck. But it would be a Duramax Only race. :D[/quote]

Its called bracket racing.:lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Count me in.

Doug

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would be happy to run as a warmup for any of you, not in your league on #2 only yet. I would be only slightly better than a bye...

Frank

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the fast four #2 only idea. But, you have the drug addicts that are constantly pushing the envolope (example; Brent,aka; Black Dodge) that I think need to be recognized in some way still. They keep it intresting.
Or maybe allow the finalists in the fast four the option to run drugs if and only if both drivers agree to it. If the other driver does not then no drugs.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Is it what I said or my handle that killed this thread?
It's not what you said, it's just Monday. Also, out of all the Regulars that show up at LACR I think Tim and Gene are the low 12's on #2 only and I know Tim is going to get kicked out if he goes much faster on spray without a cage. Not sure how close Gene is. So I think to keep is more competitive maybe not using drugs would be better. Sorry I can't remember how fast all the Dura Max guys go. They are all pretty close though, I think.
Of course then you have mildly bombed trucks like mine that won't qualify for Stock and can't compete with the 4x4's cause I can only do a 15.3. Bummer. So I guess it's Brackets for me. :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts