Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aware of the iDash and CTS3 monitors but am interested if either can force a mobile regen. My thought is that if I were driving and seeing my soot % increase that it might be more efficient to force an early mobile regen when I know I will be at highway speed rather than when I driving stop and go around town. I found a reference that the iDash could force a stationary regen. Seems like I have seen mixed information on this.

·
Administrator
19,363 Posts
I am aware of the iDash and CTS3 monitors but am interested if either can force a mobile regen. My thought is that if I were driving and seeing my soot % increase that it might be more efficient to force an early mobile regen when I know I will be at highway speed rather than when I driving stop and go around town. I found a reference that the iDash could force a stationary regen. Seems like I have seen mixed information on this.
You can With the iDash: https://official.bankspower.com/faq...,begin manual stationary regeneration process.
iDash.png

I'm not sure about the CTS 3

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
19,363 Posts
Thanks OkDually... I had found the reference that would do a stationary but I am also interested in whether either the iDash or CTS3 could trigger a regen while I am still driving.
My understanding is that you can only do a stationary regen.

·
Administrator
19,363 Posts
Reactions: nutdriver

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
117 Posts
If the cts3 is like the cts2 you will have turn the truck off after you ask for a mobile regen. It will inform you the regen will start the next time you start the truck & drive. So no, you can't start a regen while driving on the freeway without shutting off & restarting first.
That's the way it works on a LML, could be different on a L5P.

·
Registered
35 Posts
works the same on my L5P; you have to do a key cycle to get the regen started so you'll have to plan ahead a little to get the results you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the cts3 is like the cts2 you will have turn the truck off after you ask for a mobile regen. It will inform you the regen will start the next time you start the truck & drive. So no, you can't start a regen while driving on the freeway without shutting off & restarting first.
That's the way it works on a LML, could be different on a L5P.
works the same on my L5P; you have to do a key cycle to get the regen started so you'll have to plan ahead a little to get the results you want.
Thanks for this helpful information. I think this is a good detail to know and will be helpful in making a purchase.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’ve pulled off the highway on the off ramp and set a mobile regen on my LML and L5P with the Edge Insight 2. Yes, you do have to cycle the key. But at least the 2 let’s you choose either mobile or stationary.

The LML was awful about wanting to start a regen as I’m pulling off the highway on a 110 miles drive. The L5P is a lot better about triggering on the highway. I track every regen, and it seems to take a just as long if you trigger it early, and the next seems to come faster, so I avoid doing it manually. You can do it, but it doesn’t seem to like doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: nutdriver

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Edge insight CS2 gauge monitor for my 2019 Chev 2500HD Duramax.
You can do a manual regen with it in your driveway (engine has to be warmed up/hot enough though) and you can do a mobile regen on the road. It has has many other functions like code reading/reset, tire size adj, gages for everything just about everything and more.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I do mobile regens with my idash all the time. The idash lets you program multiple custom screens, so I have one monitoring different things that I load when I'm driving in regen, right down to the custom colors. That and the ability to scan, read and clear codes are the main reasons I bought it. One of my pre-idash limp mode/back to the dealer incidents was allegedly due to too many uncompleted regens, and it's not like these things tell you when they're regening or when they're going to start; so being able to monitor the regen trigger % and plan accordingly, forcing it when it's getting close and I know I've got a half hour of highway ahead so that it doesn't get interrupted is worth the price of entry right there. Being able to monitor every function in the computer with a single cable is just a bonus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did they do a firmware upgrade on the dash allowing mobile regents? I have one and didn’t see that option.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I couldn't say. I do know that what's available depends on the vehicle. For example, my '15 didn't have the option to manually do a stationary regen, so I don't know if the idash would have had that option in that truck or not. The '18 does, and so does the idash. It can't be forced until the soot % is over 90, so there's really no reason to use the idash for it since it unlocks at the same time with either method, but it's there. The mobile regen in mine is in the diagnostics menu right at the bottom. It seems to me that it should be there in yours as well, but maybe older versions are different.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Idash can trigger a mobile regen at anything over 50% soot level, not sure on stationary. Maybe lower on mobile l as over triggered them at 55, 65, 85, etc. No issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Idash can trigger a mobile regen at anything over 50% soot level, not sure on stationary. Maybe lower on mobile l as over triggered them at 55, 65, 85, etc. No issues.
I don't know if it has to be over 50% I think I did one by mistake @ 45, stationary regen has to be 90 or more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if it has to be over 50% I think I did one by mistake @ 45, stationary regen has to be 90 or more.
Yeah wasn't sure on that. Never done one below 50. Not surprised on the stationary as videos of it don't really look like it should be done without precautions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am the OP on this thread. I did end up buying an iDash and it will definitely allow me to trigger a mobile regen. I have used that function once and found it helpful. I am not sure if this depends on the vehicle generation. I am using this on a new 2021 L5P.

·
Premium Member
2019 Silverado HD 2500 LTZ ZR1 Metallic Black 6.6 Duramax
36 Posts
I am still trying to figure out how I would know how close I am to needing to do a regen.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts