Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how hard is it going to be to make an l5d in the new medium duty produce the same power as an l5p? I assume the turbos will need swapped and a tune. Would one be able to flash a tune from say, a 3500 regular truck onto a 45/55/6500 computer?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would assume that like the Topkicks it has to be a medium duty tune. I believe L5D is 350 hp and the L5P is 445 hp. A 50 hp tune, I see no issues, a 95 hp tune, doable but at what cost to reliability?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Ive heard others say they have tried using a tune from little trucks and it didn't go well. Things like weight and shift points in tranny.. Just my 2 cents...Id use a custom tuner and do it right

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good info. So whats the real difference between the L5D and L5P mechanically speaking?

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Im in the same boat here. Got the new truck but looking to pump up the HP/TQ numbers. Anything happen here on this?

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
cbraga......now theres a name from the past. Hows it going? And would love to see pics of the new truck

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
cbraga......now theres a name from the past. Hows it going? And would love to see pics of the new truck
Hahahahaha, I’m back baby!! New project in the works, pics and info on Instagram @8ahybrd2.0

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Looks good so far. But Im social media free. This is about as far as I go. So no Instafacetwitter for me . LOL Guess I'll have to wait to see progress here and Im sure like the last one it will be EPIC!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hahahahaha, I’m back baby!! New project in the works, pics and info on Instagram @8ahybrd2.0
View attachment 637126
Do the body lines actually line up like that? or is that a one off bed? I really wish they had used the 2020 cab.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Do the body lines actually line up like that? or is that a one off bed? I really wish they had used the 2020 cab.
The body lines do match up but yes I had to lengthen the bed 9” to not have to cut the frame. So, yes it does line up but yes it is a custom bed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts