Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned a couple days ago these guys won’t ship their new Bosch injectors internationally.Not even to Canada.Anybody know the reason?I was browsing their eBay store and everything else seems readily available to purchase but no dice on having his injectors shipped out of the US.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Huh... that's weird. Ship them to me and I'll ship them to you. Although, they may look like old, used ones that came from a parts truck and come in previously opened packages when you get them

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Huh... that's weird. Ship them to me and I'll ship them to you. Although, they may look like old, used ones that came from a parts truck and come in previously opened packages when you get them

Perfect.I can’t say I’d blame ya on that one….lol👍I have enough injectors here anyway.I was just interested in his pressure balanced set.It would have came to roughly $700 to my door for a set of 8.

·
Administrator
21,845 Posts
I learned a couple days ago these guys won’t ship their new Bosch injectors internationally.Not even to Canada.Anybody know the reason?I was browsing their eBay store and everything else seems readily available to purchase but no dice on having his injectors shipped out of the US.
Fred may have had too many bad experiences shipping out of the US or maybe because international shipping fees are too cost-prohibitive??:unsure:

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fred may have had too many bad experiences shipping out of the US or maybe because international shipping fees are too cost-prohibitive??:unsure:
I’m not sure but I did buy a new stanadyne 5521 pump from him in 2014 for my truck with no problem in paying.He got his money right away but there could be a dozen reasons why he won’t ship internationally now.On eBay it shows the import fees I need to pay before I agree to payment but I dunno..

Reactions: OkDually

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the PayPal buyer protection program doesn't cover international transactions. Maybe that's part of the reason.

It’s just wierd that you can buy new stanadyne pmd kits from him and even reman DS4 pumps.Just no listing for the Bosch injectors now.If I need injectors later on for some reason I’ll just try a couple other different shops in the US such as accurate diesel in Michigan or midland diesel in North Dakota.I always found accurate diesel good to deal with in the past.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,383 Posts
Did you call them directly?

·
Ronald Reagan fan
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you call them directly?
No actually I contacted him through eBay and he said he wasn’t shipping them internationally as he was having problems in doing so.Whatever he meant by that I have no idea.I’ve bought parts from him before such as new injection pumps,etc and I always paid promptly so I’m not sure what’s going on to be honest.

I emailed him back after he said he won’t ship those internationally and I explained to him that I bought parts from him before but he never contacted me after that.So I guess no dice on buying a set of those pressure balanced injectors.That was several days ago.He never had the courtesy to answer me back the second time around.

I’ve already decided to buy elsewhere if I have to get injectors or another injection pump for some reason.I’m in pretty good shape anyway in regard to injectors.I have a selection of shims I can use along with Bosch nozzles I picked up from Latvia to balance out another set if I need to.The stanadyne injectors I have in my truck only have about 5K miles on them so I’m not in desperate need regarding nozzles or injectors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts