Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Chev Kodiak 4500. I have a Monroe bed with gooseneck/B&w installed in the bed. Is there a way to haul my fifth wheel toy hauler without modifying the bed?

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes there are adapters that will allow your gooseneck to hook up to a 5th wheel but need to make
Sure the trailer can handle the extra stress of the hitch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes there are adapters that will allow your gooseneck to hook up to a 5th wheel but need to make
Sure the trailer can handle the extra stress of the hitch
Ok I am going to check tomorrow . Hopefully we can find a way

·
Registered
37 Posts
If your B&W has a removable ball, you can use a B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your B&W has a removable ball, you can use a B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch.

We have the companion hitch. But it appears our truck bed is too long. From the hitch to the end of the bed it’s 4 1/2 ft. That only gives us 6 inches for turning

·
Registered
213 Posts
The location of your fifth wheel pin or your gooseneck ball should be slightly forward of the rear axle centerline. So, the placement of the hitch should be relatively fixed. If you move the hitch location back behind the rear axle centerline will will be removing weight from the front steer tires, which could become a dangerous lack of steering traction issue. If you have bed clearance problems with the pin in the proper location the bed should be altered not the hitch location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts