Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe somebody can give a heads up on what wrong, i start my truck and it runs great until it reaches 180degrees , thats when it starts knockn' and making a sound like lifter tapping, depending on where you are at n the accelerator, most of the noise occours about 1/4 throttle, once the engine is warmed up around 200degrees the knocking goes away and everything runs great, this happens with the edge on and off, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Maybe get the new PCM reflash - it's suppose to help it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I seem to be having a similar problem, but I'm not sure. This is my first post on this forum, but I'm looking for information before I take it to the dealer. My mods are K&N racing filter/cold air intake, and Edge's Juice with Attitude. That's it.
The "knocking" occurs whether the transmission is in drive or park, and is getting noticeably worse. It just started doing this about 3 weeks ago. My wife feels a thud in the passenger floorboard with her feet. The knock occurs whether I'm moving or at a standstill, so I'm convinced it isn't the suspension, and the park/drive issue convinces me it isn't the transmission. When I feel the "knock" the rpm's dip a bit or the engine hesitates. I have an OBD-II compliant scanning software called EASE that I plan to use on Monday (it's going to snow here for the weekend) to see if I can glean anything from the software. I have also had the unsettling experience of having the motor almost "reverse backfire" in low rpm's at full throttle.

I don't mean to be long winded, but has anyone experienced or heard anything like this? I really want to know what is wrong with my truck, and I hate going to dealers and them having the truck for a week and not knowing what the heck is wrong!

Thanks in advance,

Greg

P.S.--I forgot to mention, my knocking is independent of engine temperature, and it also occurs whether I have the controller on or off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
See my post "Excessive Engine Noise" I think we have the same problem, it is being suggested that we are experiencing injector flow problems. I'm taking mine back to the dealer Monday morning I'll let y'all know how it comes out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same problem EXACTLY. The new reflash cured it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
knocking

I had the same problem EXACTLY. The new reflash cured it.
thanx 4 the info, im taking it to the dealer on monday

·
Registered
8 Posts
My truck is fixed it was #8 injector!!!:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
MY truck miraculously just quit the knocking noise. It got a lot colder. I guess I'll wait til it happens again before taking it in...they have to duplicate it to figure it out, right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts