Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in "ask the techs", Maybe I'll get more response here

My 2002 (build date 12/01) has started to knock at idle after the engine is warmed up( sounds like a Dodge). The truck just turned 40K and the knock started about 38K. It doesn't do in all the time, but it seems to be getting louder when it happens. I've been using Delvac 1 synthetic since 15K and use FPPF Total Power and cetane booster every fill up. I change the fuel filter every 10K. Any suggestions

Steve

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I switched to delvac1 and my truck knocks like ballbearings in a coffee can. Im dumping the watery oil next weekend and putting in amsoil 15-40.

The oil is too thin if you ask me. My idle oil pressure is 17 lbs too.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
fishdmax said:
I posted this in "ask the techs", Maybe I'll get more response here

My 2002 (build date 12/01) has started to knock at idle after the engine is warmed up( sounds like a Dodge). The truck just turned 40K and the knock started about 38K. It doesn't do in all the time, but it seems to be getting louder when it happens. I've been using Delvac 1 synthetic since 15K and use FPPF Total Power and cetane booster every fill up. I change the fuel filter every 10K. Any suggestions

Steve

Visit your dealer explain your problem ... I would lean more towards a dirty injector, mine was quieted by the use of additive you mention ... A quick look at the balance rate of the injectors should pin point if a problem exist ...

Don't volunteer info ... If they ask about additives, your response should be, should I be ?? They so No you say ?? They say ya you say I'm running a de-emulsifier, save your self the head ache ...

Mac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts