Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to run either 18x9 5bs 0 offset kmc diesels with 33x12.50 toyo mts with the height I'm (stock with a crank) at or run 20x10 5bs 0 offset diesels with 35x12.50 toyo mt's and run a cognito 4-6 set at 4" with 2.5" blocks. Will I rub on the UCA with the 20x10's and which one will have less trimming. I dont want to go over 4" so I would be using the stock UCA's if that matters. I'm looking to make it look more tough but still have to stay legal which is 8" over stock height measured from the roof. Also lets say I have the Hot +2 turned up to level 10 with the 4" lift, will I break ****?? From the looks of it the cvs are damn flat at 4"s and I prolly have the same risk of breaking stuff with the torsions cranked running smaller tires. If I do decide to go with the lift then I will run all the braces and sleeves etc to strengthen the front end. Any help appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
here are some pics of a member on heres truck....it is just beautiful...and less trimming would be go with 0 or + BS but take a look at this link and go from there....minor trimming

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
In my garage you'll find that the pics in front of the glass building are just cranked and further down are with the Cog 4-6

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
When you say cranked, how much are we talking here?? Also I dont want to have really steep cv angles so I dont want to go too crazy. Do you have the cognito UCA's too?? How close are your wheels to the UCA and do you think the 20x10 diesels with 5" bs and 0 offset would rub on the uca??? If you do have cognito's uca's do they come closer to the wheel or farther away? Thanks a ton coptor

Heres how its sitting now on 285's

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the stance with the wheelwells filled up more so I'm looking to stuff 35's with 4" of lift if I run the lift or 33's without it. Would a cognito leveling kit suit me better?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
When you say cranked, how much are we talking here?? Also I dont want to have really steep cv angles so I dont want to go too crazy. Do you have the cognito UCA's too?? How close are your wheels to the UCA and do you think the 20x10 diesels with 5" bs and 0 offset would rub on the uca??? If you do have cognito's uca's do they come closer to the wheel or farther away? Thanks a ton copter
In the first pics the tbars are almost maxxed out (rode like ****). The CV angles weren't bad. I don't have the Cog UCA's yet. If you do the 20x10's are you going with a 33"? If you do then I don't see a problem. You'll just need to trim a bit.

I like the stance with the wheelwells filled up more so I'm looking to stuff 35's with 4" of lift if I run the lift or 33's without it. Would a cognito leveling kit suit me better?
What are you going to do with your truck? I pull a toyhauler to the sand so the lift was a better choice for me. I was in your shoes not knowing which way to go as well. I worked with Nick (Nor-Cal Nick) at Nor*Cal Truck and the Cog 4-6 is what we decided. Whatever you do please read the following......http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1641068&postcount=7 and http://www.norcaltruck.com/cognito-4-6.html Any more ?'s, just hit me or Nick up..

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
id go with the leveling kit. you can fit 33's with minor triming, i think im gonna put in 305/75/16 (about a 34 in tire) on my stock wheels. i will need a little triming but im with you i like the look of the wheel wells filled. i hate it when theres a big gap between the tire and the wheel well on a lifted truck. you can put on 315/70/17 on h2s, but to do this you have to basically max out your t bars. you will lose ride with this and you will lose almost all your drop out. the cognito leveling kit fixes this to an extent. search 315's in this section, i had a thread about it a few days ago and got a lot of responses. i ordered my cognito stuff from nor cal nick monday night, should be here today or tomorrow. check in a few days for pics ill put them up after everything is installed and i detail her

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I was planning on running 35x12.50 x20. That would be the 20x10 diesels. Would 35's clear. I've seen it before on here with basically the same set up but a narrower rim. I haul snowmobiles, fourwheelers, dirtbikes etc. I'm planning on doing a suncoast tranny along with the PPE hot +2, possibly a lift pump. So will I break more **** because of the lift? Even if the CV angles are perfectly flat. Would I be ok with 373's for gearing with 35's and a pretty hot tune? I'm thinking of a different turbo like the BD supermax. Will i need head studs and will i bend rods with that turbo and a hot tune? thanks a ton.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I think I'm going to stick to 33's with the 18's and no lift. It'll only be more of a PITA loading up a quad or bike after a day of riding as I always dont have a trailer to use. I'll just trim what I need to make it work and I know I can do it because somebody on here has 33x12.50x20 with 4.5bs and a negative offset. I never really plan on racing and only use all of the power occasionally playing around with the ricers and just for rolling smoke. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am running the set up below with the t-bars only 3/4 cranked. It doesn't ride that bad but it will bottom out if you hit a speed bump hard or a big pot hole. Under normal highway and gravel driving its pretty decent and it tows ok too. I did have to cut some metal but I repainted it and undercoated it. Unless your really looking you cant tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts