Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well actually i only raced one, the other one i watched. Man im on a role.
So im cruising along girl and her Bulldog puppy in-tow going to sonics to get some coconut shakes. When a new titan and a colorado extreme go flying bye me. game on> I meet back up with them at the next light no room for me though.:( against my expectations the extreme stayed about half a truck length ahead of the nissan right up till they got off around 70. The nissan turned and it was my turn. We were rollin at about 20 when he jumped on it and i was gone in no time. It was fun watchin the exreme take it to the titan though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wonder if the extreme had mods, my friends Titan actually runs pretty strong, I would have thought the 6 cyl. extreme wouldn't have any chance against the V8 Titan. To bad you couldn't spank the Titan.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinkin the same thing the only thing i could tell about the extreme is that it did have some sort of an exhaust. Didn't sound very good though sorta like a supped up mini van. it was lowered with some pretty good tread on it.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I thought those colorados had inline 5's in them. I actually didnt even know they made an extreem. 4.2 I6?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am assuming he is talking about the s-10 extreme edition, not the new Colorado.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was a new calorado, and it did say extreme on it, and it was pretty fast. it did better than the hemi i raced earlier to day. all though hard to say when all i have to base that on is in comparison how fast it disapeared in my mirror. I know the standard colorado's only go up to 1-5, would be cool though if they would throw in the 1-6 out of the trail blazer, it would be pretty fast.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Trailblazers arent exactly "underpowered". That motor does have a lot of pull at high rpms. Put it in something 1500 lbs less and it should be quick.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah my mom drives an I-6 Trailblazer and it scoots once you get the revs up. My 6.5 will beat it across an intersection but after that its all over. I do like how I can drive over a mountain range w/o dropping out of OD and the Trailblazer downshifts to go over an overpass on the freeway:grd:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Those Titans are pretty quick and I'm glad to hear a Bow-tie took advantage! I raced one a month back and wasted him with the Edge on 3/5. He couldn't believe it was a diesel! Nice kill!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice kill It was definetly not a stock extreme so that makes it that much better .

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
I had a buddy who had a titan. We got a Magnflow system installed and at the same time I hooked up his k&n system. He insisted that I drive to test it out.All I can say it it is fast. That 5.6 is a powerful motor with lots of low end torque. It sounded awesome and pulled great. Definately not a slug. I couldnt stand the tranny though. i felt like it took 3-4 seconds to shift at wot. I hated it. It like it took forever for the tc to engage. Definately needed a programmer to firm up those shifts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.