Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was on my way up to help Brett6.6 put om some new sled pullin goodies, when I see a Chevy gaining fast. This was suprising since I was already going about 85mph. He comes roaring by me with straight pipes popping. GAME ON! I then reach up to the dash and bump my Attitude up to 5/5 and roll on the throttle. I pull up to him at about 95. He has a passenger as do I, both trucks SB CC running about the same size tires. He looks over and gives me the nod, we slow to about 60mph, and then he nails it. His truck down shifts to 4th, I mean while just roll it on. I hear his shift to 5th, I let him get about 1/2 a truck on me and then pull up beside him. I wave at him, and his buddy is looking at me like WTF? I then mash it and pull on him hard to 115mph(GPS ; speedo only goes to 100). We end up at the same truck stop later and he was cool about it. We talked about each others ride and went our seperate ways.

You gotta love killing a newer truck (eventhough it was another Chevy) with a diesel that has over 150,000 miles on it!

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
cool kill,cool dude.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Moral of the story: Only a Chevy has the ability to compete with another Chevy. Nothing else even comes close.

·
Registered
89 Posts
):h ):h :grd: ):h

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moral of the story: Only a Chevy has the ability to compete with another Chevy. Nothing else even comes close.

):h He kinda suprised me. This is the first time I have run the 8.1, and it definitely wasn't a slouch! But it "Ain't no DMAX!!"

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
as much as I have love for the 8.1 nice kill

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My Uncle and I both bought new trucks in '01, he got the lb7 and I got the 6.0 gasser. It wasn't a contest, his truck could not keep up with mine, both were stock. (It was funny we both even got the same color and we live over 1,200 miles away from each other)...

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is suprising, my brother has the 6.SLOW as we call it. His must just be a real turd. It is slow as Christmas and the mileage sucks. My Dmax even stock I thought was pretty quick. But with power upgrades and a tranny, I have a sports car, sled puller, and daily driver!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That is suprising, my brother has the 6.SLOW as we call it. His must just be a real turd. It is slow as Christmas and the mileage sucks. My Dmax even stock I thought was pretty quick. But with power upgrades and a tranny, I have a sports car, sled puller, and daily driver!
Maybe the 4:10 rear end helped, I got sucky mileage though and I am glad I could finally upgrade to a Duramax...):h

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
his only has the 3.73. Glad to have you in the Dmax group! I like the 5'er in your avitar. I have a Fourwinds 28ft.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Last week I was on my way up to help Brett6.6 put om some new sled pullin goodies, when I see a Chevy gaining fast. This was suprising since I was already going about 85mph. He comes roaring by me with straight pipes popping. GAME ON! I then reach up to the dash and bump my Attitude up to 5/5 and roll on the throttle. I pull up to him at about 95. He has a passenger as do I, both trucks SB CC running about the same size tires. He looks over and gives me the nod, we slow to about 60mph, and then he nails it. His truck down shifts to 4th, I mean while just roll it on. I hear his shift to 5th, I let him get about 1/2 a truck on me and then pull up beside him. I wave at him, and his buddy is looking at me like WTF? I then mash it and pull on him hard to 115mph(GPS ; speedo only goes to 100). We end up at the same truck stop later and he was cool about it. We talked about each others ride and went our seperate ways.

You would have lost with out the mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.