Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE SOME A--H-LES TALKING TRASH THEY WAN'T TO RUN A 70 CHEVELLE
LS6 AGAINST THE DMAX WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK DO YOU THINK I WILL BE KILLED OR WHAT THE CHEVELLE IS SUPPOSE TO BE STOCK.:grd:

·
Registered
216 Posts
If all you have is the bullydog programming like in your sig, then yes you will be killed!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bully Dog Goes To 150hp Has Built Trans

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
It is a real 70 LS6? If so, it has about 500hp and will run in the 12's with a little traction. And it is worth LOTS of money!!

My car used to have an LS6 crate motor in it with a hotter cam and a better intake and carb and 4.56 gears and it ran low 12's at 114mph.

Good luck, but I think you'll be watching his tail lights. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I thought I'd pop in and tell Ryan good luck.
I've been giving him a hard time the last week or so. Even though I hope he gets stomped by the Chevelle so he'll stfu about it. But we wont know until may when it finally gets taken out of storage. That gives him plenty of time to break his truck again, or upgrade to propane.
I offered to run my 01 Cbr 929 against him but eh, thats just not really fair.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Its A Real Ls6

·
Registered
267 Posts
You should have him through the 60, but once he hooks you'll be owned by the 1/8th. My uncle has a 70 with an LS6 and it hauls. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It should be a good race you should get him off the line with a good 4x4 launch but that will be all, after that i believe it will be over by the 1/8 mile.

Good luck,
Caleb

·
Registered
439 Posts
my dad has an Ls6 chevelle and with the mods in my sig i can take him to about 70-80mph and then she's game over. if you have just the bullydog i'm gessing you may take him until 40-50 mph

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Race him when it snowing, then you'll be sure winner.
Seriously I wouldn't say you can beet him.. just say let's see how much faster is it.. then if you loose it's expected and if you win...:muahaha:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
You might get the jump w/a good boosted 4x4 launch,after he hits third you'll be lunch.If he knows how to drive that big block.450 hp claimed,more like 525hp w/headers and a easy tune.With a good hook up he's running easy mid 12 1/4 over 110 mph.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Sorry dude, but you will get owned.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Your best bet w/ a built trans will be a set of lift pumps and a TTS extreme!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I think you can take him

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you can win. If this thing has just been sitting in storage...there will be plenty of bugs to be worked out and need some work. That and he is obviously not used to driving it. If he wants a month to work on it and drive it around that is a different story. It doesn't take much of a problem or an unfamiliar driver to botch a race. Just be ready and bring your A game.

·
Registered
2 Posts
He drives it every year, just stores it for the winter. Hes by no means unfamiliar with the car. Hes the original owner also, so plenty of time to get to know it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My neighbor has that car and I would say that if it stock engine on stock wheel and tires you should do alright, because those cars with the tires and wheels from that era don't hook up worth a nickel.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My neighbor has that car and I would say that if it stock engine on stock wheel and tires you should do alright, because those cars with the tires and wheels from that era don't hook up worth a nickel.
Yes but they still ran 13.1 - 13.4 back in 1970 right off the showroom floor. ;) Junk tires and all!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This Guy Is Older And Doesnt Know How To Launch It.i've Driven It And My Truck Feels Alot Faster. It Has 295 Tires On The Back But He Still Doesn;t Know How To Launch It.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
This Guy Is Older And Doesnt Know How To Launch It.i've Driven It And My Truck Feels Alot Faster. It Has 295 Tires On The Back But He Still Doesn;t Know How To Launch It.
That or he is being careful not to tear it up. Either way that works in your favor.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.