Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bout a month after gettin my truck, were workin on my buddies F350 gasser, and another buddy shows up in his F350 stroker(7.3). He wants to go run em, and my response was pretty much, "What for, youll smoke me". Hes got 5" stacks out the bed, an airbox, and an edge box on his truck. I know 7.3's supposedly have a reputation for bein dogs when their stock, but I figured he had enough done to it that it should move damn good. So we make our way to Glover road, line em up, and launch on the third honk. I pulled an instant 2 trucks and at 80 had probably 5 truck lengths on him. We slowed down and lined em up again. He was in 2 unspooled, and I was in 4 spooled, no wonder I spanked him. He wants me to go to 2, unspooled. We go on the 3rd honk again, and again I ran from him off of the line, this time by just about a truck. At 50 I had almost 2 trucks on him, by 80, probably pretty close to 4 trucks. My truck absolutely destroyed his coal dumping stroker! I could not believe it. The only aftermarket parts on the truck are my floormats! I cant wait til I get some cash so I can see what this thing will do!:ro)

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's awesome, it's pretty crazy how super competitive the factory diesel market is. Could you imagine cars getting the amount of increase in proportionate HP/TQ that the diesel are getting. I am curious how Dodge and Ford are going to answer to the LBZ. I do like how GM didn't beat around the bush with minimal gains in HP/TQ, wammo 650 ft/lbs, take that!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
:exactly:
That's awesome, it's pretty crazy how super competitive the factory diesel market is. Could you imagine cars getting the amount of increase in proportionate HP/TQ that the diesel are getting. I am curious how Dodge and Ford are going to answer to the LBZ. I do like how GM didn't beat around the bush with minimal gains in HP/TQ, wammo 650 ft/lbs, take that!!
:exactly: :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

·
Registered
267 Posts
:thankyou2 :thankyou2 :thankyou2 :thankyou2

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Bout a month after gettin my truck, were workin on my buddies F350 gasser, and another buddy shows up in his F350 stroker(7.3). He wants to go run em, and my response was pretty much, "What for, youll smoke me". Hes got 5" stacks out the bed, an airbox, and an edge box on his truck. I know 7.3's supposedly have a reputation for bein dogs when their stock, but I figured he had enough done to it that it should move damn good. So we make our way to Glover road, line em up, and launch on the third honk. I pulled an instant 2 trucks and at 80 had probably 5 truck lengths on him. We slowed down and lined em up again. He was in 2 unspooled, and I was in 4 spooled, no wonder I spanked him. He wants me to go to 2, unspooled. We go on the 3rd honk again, and again I ran from him off of the line, this time by just about a truck. At 50 I had almost 2 trucks on him, by 80, probably pretty close to 4 trucks. My truck absolutely destroyed his coal dumping stroker! I could not believe it. The only aftermarket parts on the truck are my floormats! I cant wait til I get some cash so I can see what this thing will do!:ro)
I'm not surprised you won. I beat one a while back with my edge on 60hp and he had a bullydog 110 cranked up all the way, intake and exhaust. It was only like a 1/8th mi race and I still had him by 2 trucks.

Nice kill.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I dunno about ford but aparrently dodge is putting a 6.4l or 6.9l in their trucks mated to a new aisin 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
That IS awesome!

BUT. Ford does have an answer. A very good one too! :cool:

Im sure he knows some secret, probably nows someone at ford,.............BRING IT, the dmax crew isnt scared:eek: :exactly:

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah i am sure all the boys at chevy are trimbling just thinking of what the almighty ford company is doing! :eek:yeah right, and no matter what you do to it it is still wearing the awful blue oval and its still a ferd!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yup, if I remember correctly TTS dyno'd a stock LBZ at 303RWHP:muahaha: .......A 7.3 powerjoke takes a healthy chip and airflow mods to reach that.:lol:

·
Registered
865 Posts

Not trying to be a smart ass but that is what you have to do when auto company is in the ****ter.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
F*cking right!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
:funnypost :lol: , they might be coming up with something, i know they had to go back to the drawing board after the sick liter-:t , maybe twins:blahblah: ,..............................................k

Rob

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
that was definately the most informative post i've ever read. ):h

care to elaborate?:muahaha:

no doubt the dmax crew isn't scared. even if the ford has 400 hp, it'll still weigh 1100 pounds more than a gm. we're not scared.:D

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass but that is what you have to do when auto company is in the ****ter.
What did Dodge do when they built your 97? Chrysler almost went under. I think the Neon saved them!!!):h Didn't Toyota just knock Chrysler off the #3 spot in the US? Sucks to be third, I mean fourth! But they were the FIRST to be topped by a foreign company. Here is a blue ribbon for ya! You gotta be proud of something.:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.