Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my truck about a month ago, and haven't had any races yet. My first one is pretty lame, but its a pretty good story though. Up north in Cadillac, MI, me and a fellow service tech had to work up there for a whole week, and were both snowmobilers, so we took his 4 place trailer and a couple sleds with us, along with probably 300 pounds in tools for the job. After a night of riding, we made a beerrun and were on our way back to the hotel to finish our beer n pizza. We stopped at a light in town, facing a sign that said 8% grade, up hill by the way. I looked at him and was like, yahh, Im gonna bury it, see what this thing will do up hill with a load. Just then, some ricer wannabe in a grand prix pulled up next to us, with his little racing striped and dual fart cans out back. Light goes green, we both hammer it. Pretty much all traction through 1 and 2, very surprisingly I had him by a half a truck. As soon as the truck took 3rd, the tires broke loose and he schooled me after that. Had the tires not lit up, I'm pretty sure I would have held him. Pretty lame story, but I think its worth a laugh.):h

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yahh, kind of a lopsided story, a 3800v6 grand prix against an lbz pulling a 4 place with a couple sleds in it. I had him til the ****ty stock tires let go, time for some tires!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Was it a GTP, if it was it should be supercharged, so I wouldn't worry. In my book I would feel like the loser if I were trying to race a truck towing a trailer and barely beat him. Way to show em the power of a diesel.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
GTP's are quick and i guess they respond well to a little programing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was just a GT, non supercharged. But still, his 3500 pounds got beat by my probably 12000 pounds, and I'm bone stock.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
FYI, the state police post is 1/2 mile east of that hill

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Yeah, GTP'S are quicker than most people think. I owned one for a year and a half. K&N intake kit, 3.0" blower pulley. That thing was VERY quick. That was not a car to be taken lightly. A regular 3800 V6 Pontiac is not slow either. That is NOT an underpowered motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.