Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 02 silvy, the keyless entry did not function at all...After 3 seperate trips to the dealer, they replaced or repaired the receiver. Now the keyless system will work fine one day, and not at all others.
Where is the sensor located, and is there anything I can do to make it receive the signal better? It is one of those, "it worked fine for us" type of things when I have the dealer check it! BTW, the batteries in the remotes are fine.

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can walk around the truck, pushing the remote buttons like a secretary typing dictation, and not once will the locks or the alarm activate. The next day, or sometimes several days later, it works fine again...as always seems to be the case when I'm standing with the service manager at the dealership telling him my keyless system isn't working.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the time and help you are giving me and the others on this site!
I have only just joined this forum, and have already learned some very valuable information, not the least of which has come from you.

I hope you continue the great job that you are doing here, and I hope you don't get sick and tired of my questions, because I have quite a few.

I really appreciate the input and help from all of the members of this forum too!

Thanks again,

Kevin

·
Registered
154 Posts
Fireman,

This is a long shot but I have noticed that some sound frequencies interfere with the remote. If my snowmobile is running anywhere near the truck it won't work. Is there any possibility of this. Radio towers, repeaters, microwave towers etc. that would not be present at the dealers that would alow it to work there???

Best of luck,

Steve

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
When I worked at the Caddy dealer, we had to drive a bout 4 miles away to pregram them as we were next to an airport., signals wouldnt jive.

Eric

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't matter where I am. When it is working, it works anywhere, and when it isn't, it won't work anywhere, rural or metro areas alike.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here I am at the fire station, playing around with my truck, and all of the sudden the keyless remote starts working again. I turned off the fire scanner that is mounted in the stash box, and the stupid remote started working!!!!!! DOH!!! You would think that even a dumb ass like me would have tried this long ago........................Not so! DOH!!! I just happened to turn off the scanner and hit the remote button, and it worked. I turned the scanner on...remote does not work! I turned the scanner off...remote works! Scanner on...remote no...scanner off remote yes! Why couldn't the dealer find any problem with it...cause I always turned the scanner off when it went to the shop. DOH!!!

I have no idea why a receive-only unit would cause this problem, but that's beside the point now.

This may seem like a small thing, but the keyless system has been buggin the crap out of me since I had the truck!

Anyway, thanks guys, for all the help.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts