Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

Just bought OE the keyless entry set up. The new modual replaces the passenger side power door lock/window buttons. I can get the rear of this panel up (it just has a little interior type clip) but something is holding the front very solidly. Is there a screw from the rear/bottom? is it just another really stuborn clip? Do I have to take the whole door panel off? I am perplexed and I do not want to break anything. I am really ham fisted when it coems to interior bits.

Please help

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
791 Posts
Scott,
what are you trying to do? Add OE keyless to your truck? So you have power windows and door locks....does your door module have class II commnication available?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'll just address the door panel. At the rear of the arm rest, on the bottom of it, there is ONE philips screw (about in the middle of the entire door cover); remove it. Your rear view mirror also has an interior triangular cover; just pull it off as it's retained by clips. Your FRONT door panel should now slide up and off...with a few electrical connections to be careful of on the back. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. There is also a torx screw under a cap on the rear of the door panel.

Yes, I have the modual. It is just the little box that has the door lock and window button on the passenger side. 100% plug and play. I didn't even have to program the remotes. All functions work perfectly, 1/2 hour installation.

100% OE (made by Motorolla) with 2 remotes, new in package $60.00 on ebay including shipping

1 - 4 of 4 Posts