Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all the Key Fob problems here and I think I have the stumper.

Vehicle: 2000 Chev. K3500 Crew Cab Dually
Issue: When I press the "lock" button, the doors unlock; when I press the "unlock" button, the doors lock. If I press the unlock button one time, only the drivers door locks, two times and the rest lock.

It is the exact opposite that it should be.

:help:

Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Open FOB, see if buttons will swap holes. Good luck.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem is that when I unlock the truck (press the "lock" button) the interior lights only stay on for 1-2 secs. When I lock the truck (press the "unlock" button) they stay on for about 30 secs. This makes me think the problem lies in the truck and not the Key Fob.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do we have an award for the issue that stumps everyone?

·
Registered
826 Posts
You need to turn the remote upside down while pushing the buttons :muahaha:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Problem is that when I unlock the truck (press the "lock" button) the interior lights only stay on for 1-2 secs. When I lock the truck (press the "unlock" button) they stay on for about 30 secs. This makes me think the problem lies in the truck and not the Key Fob.
I tend to agree with you. If all the doors do it the same, the first place I would look is at the relays or maybe connectors to the relays. Is there any chance someone had them apart at one point and just put them back together backwards/switched? I haven't had much experience with chevy wiring, but basicaly electrical work is all the same.

The way you describe the lights makes me think that the truck is getting the right signal from the fob, but the command is getting switched somewhere between the computer and the door.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tend to agree with you. If all the doors do it the same, the first place I would look is at the relays or maybe connectors to the relays. Is there any chance someone had them apart at one point and just put them back together backwards/switched? I haven't had much experience with chevy wiring, but basicaly electrical work is all the same.

The way you describe the lights makes me think that the truck is getting the right signal from the fob, but the command is getting switched somewhere between the computer and the door.
Agreed. Can anyone tell me where to look for these relays or connectors. I have heard that the receiver is in the drivers side door. I can look there first but I need to know what to look for. On my BMWs, I have a CD that tells you everything about the cars. It contains everything the dealers have and use for the repair techs and parts depts. It would be nice if there was such a program for these.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm assuming that the doors work correctly from the swithes. If so, then there is most likely a problem with either the BCM or keyless entry reciever. The receiver could be sending the wrong signal to the BCM, or the BCM sending the wrong signal out. Is it possible that somebody did a wiring repair and switched around the wires at the BCM connector? This could cause it, also.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts