Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 K2500 Suburban 6.5 turbo.
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the buzzer to constantly buzz with doors closed and key in the off or to the ACC position? Turns off in run like normal but it doesn't seem right. I have had a lot of older rigs and don't remember this happening. 1994 K2500 suburban thank you.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Definitely not correct. May be starter switch or ??? I don't think I've ever heard about this previously. Maybe do some searching on the internet to see if you can find similar situation.

Reactions: Shanejeep5

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I have searched for a couple weeks and can not find any information on this. I replaced the entire column with a brand new one with switches as the old column was trashed and it did the same thing. Think I will disable it.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Open the drivers door and manipulate the door switch, see if it changes anything.
That switch is actually 2 switches, one is for the buzzer, the other for the lights.
Or remove the buzzer module.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open the drivers door and manipulate the door switch, see if it changes anything.
That switch is actually 2 switches, one is for the buzzer, the other for the lights.
I should if included that I just installed 2 new switches and have the same results. I also just noticed late last night that if the exterior lights are on the buzzer comes on as soon as you turn the ignition off. Time to break out the diagrams and see what wire is broken that gose to the door switch. Thanks

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Simplest fix. Mines has been missing for 12 years. One of the best mods I did to my truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it normal for the buzzer to constantly buzz with doors closed and key in the off or to the ACC position? Turns off in run like normal but it doesn't seem right. I have had a lot of older rigs and don't remember this happening. 1994 K2500 suburban thank you.
My 94 6.5td SLE buzzes if key fully inserted or lights on...even parking lights. Would be a good reminder if it timed out after a few minutes!

Reactions: Shanejeep5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts