Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Tach-N-Time off of ebay, and tried using it today. now understanding that there may be problems with the meter itself, I was wondering if anyone else had experience with these? While at about 1500 RPM the display says I have about 110 - 111 degrees of timing.... any help would be appreciated.

Chris

:help:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured out what I did wrong, I traced the injector pipes wrong when hooking up the meter, so I was timing the wrong cylinder..... duh!

All is well now.

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still fighting with my timing

Well, I finally figured out which cylinder is #1 and did my timing test, now I'm at about 10 degrees advance at 1500rpm. I started off at 4 degrees and had no real power to the engine. I then bumped it up to about 7 and still had no real power. Now I'm sure some could say that it's a symptom of the engine only being a 6.2, but it feels like the engine has the power to push, it's just not getting either enough fuel or enough advance.

I tried to adjust the IP, but there was a plug in the adjustment hole (some little copper or brass plug) and I just decided to leave it alone.

Can anyone suggest a timing range to sit around? The weird part about all of this is that the IP sits behind the timing marks on the cover when the meter calls it advanced (I've checked the meter calibration a few times to make sure it's setup right. I'm thinking that when the IP was installed it was put it one tooth off, and the only way I know of to check this is to pull the front cover off the engine, and I'd rather not get into that again (changing the water pump was enough for me).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts