Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dyno'd Kennedy Diesels tunes on a dynojet this morning, the 190 tune laid down 505rwhp and 1002rwtq in 5th gear. I'll follow up with more info when I finish up for the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
looks goog,.......good job jk

now lets see a little straighter tq line, and we have a winner, best numbers i seen yet on#2 from a lly

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
LLY? That's pretty darn good.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I dyno'd Kennedy Diesels tunes on a dynojet this morning, the 190 tune laid down 505rwhp and 1002rwtq in 5th gear. I'll follow up with more info when I finish up for the day.
505 rwhp on an LLY with #2 fuel only on a stock turbo? (Are there any inerds changed or modified from factory?) That has to be the number to beat! Very impressive indeed! If you had dyno`ed in 4th gear, the hp would down slightly, but torque would be even higher:eek:

I thought we would have some numbers coming out of the GREAT NORTH EAST by now!:ro)

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
that was a dynojet tho...not a load cell, correct?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Why 5th gear?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Looks nice! The tune definitely delivers....

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Congrats!

Well that beats my 478rwhp/1016tq.

Let's see what it does at the track! ;)

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
We'll get Brandon back on the DJ soon. I only get 450's from this tune, but my turbo has been a bit "weezy" for a while now. The way most guys run a DJ is in 5th gear. I'm told that this is what DJ recommends for turbo applications.

I can't back up Dave's numbers on the LLY, but I've been running better yet on the LB7 LOAD CELL 4th gear stock turbo and injectors...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
What's funny, is a year ago I was told that the LLY would never break 400HP. The injectors were too small.

Guess that theory goes out the window. :D

Does the tune smoke at all at sustained WOT?

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Okay, I'm going against the grain here...

Over 500 RWHP from a LLY on a tune only??? Just can't buy that one...because of the test method itself, Inertia

I'm suprised the Kennedy himself didn't raise a flag on this as a financee/operator of a load cell dyno aka "lie detector" to quote Kennedy himself.

It's been proven time and time again, that running fifth gear on an inertia dyno will result in inflated #s.

HHMMM...Integrity...sorry tangent thought...

I hear there will be some LLY testing in SoCal next week, maybe Kennedy can send an ECM down there for some load cell testing and we can all see what the detector picks up on.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I've got some new special soup too Dave. It will be interesting to see it at the track (BTW, Bryon and Union Grove open April 1 (weather allowing)).

Good Work!;)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Onetall.....we surely can't come close to the likes of tuning by John Kennedy. We'll prove this at the track more than once this year. I can't wait! BTW...good numbers Racehemi!! See ya at the track!

Didn't BMDmax dyno this tune on a non load at the Suncoast event in 5th gear? If so, why are the numbers here so much higher? Corrected or uncorrected?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Show up at the MA Open House and we'll have a good ol fashion smack down.. EFI Live style. LB7 side is already shaping up to be good, LLY side might gain some momentum.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Show up at the MA Open House and we'll have a good ol fashion smack down.. EFI Live style. LB7 side is already shaping up to be good, LLY side might gain some momentum.

Smack down in tune town??

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.