Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install a single kennedy lift pump? How long would it take including installing wiring needed?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
two hour job for myself

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the original KD lift pump and the KD wire harness, but installation would be about the same. Took me about four hours. I was very cautious though, one step at a time and thinking it through before I did anything. I think I spent more time removing the original lines (getting the fittings off) than anything else. I took alot more time than I had to. Of course, if I did it again it would go much faster.

Steve

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you go to 5/8 line and drop your fuel tank to plumb in that system?

·
Registered
161 Posts
No, I did not drop the tank. I had to bend the shield out of the way a little to get my hands in there. I also have no plans for any big power, so I have stock size lines. From the pictures I new what to feel for. You must be careful to not pull on the line too hard as the pickup assembly is plastic, and my lines were taped together about a foot from the tank. It was a pain to get them to release on either end, even with having the correct tool. The rear of the truck was up on jack stands too so I could kind of sit next to the tank with my head pinned between the tank and drive shaft. Others have dropped the tank and said that was easier.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.