Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like June 19th is the day! The 20th may be used for follow up. Limiting number of trucks, to make more of a discussion seminar type of agenda.

Eric and I are looking at quite probably doing an Allison upgrade as well on Saturday. Eric would do the job, and we'd break away and observe him once he had the trans removed...

Couple things worth noting for participants:

1) No stacks. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to soot up the inside of the building, and I cannot see setting up a custom extraction system for stacks at this time.

2) Chrome tips. Be prepared to take them off OR have a grungy flex pipe slid over. Preference will be to take them off. I have flex for 5", and 4" as well as adapters to drop to 3.5 and likely 3". If I can't get a pipe on it, we won't run it.

3) Dyno test data will be available on floppy disc. Possibly USB microdrive if I can find some for cheap. These runs will have all of the data acquired during the session. You can then go to www.Superflow.com and download their Windyn viewer which will allow you to plot, overlay etc.

4) I'll have plenty of "performance enhancing devices" on hand for test/demonstration purposes. Please do not hesitate to ask.

We will be limiting to a handful of trucks for Saturday and doing more of a laid back hands on approach where we try a few of the various tuners/modules and see how they compare. I've got a pretty good selection of demo stuff. After seeing how "old" it seems to get after seeing so many different trucks run on a dyno in succession, I kinda thought a fresh approach was in order. This would give time to explain some of the test method, and what the results mean. I'm sure we'd also want to strap my truck down for a 600+ HP run as well.

I'm hoping to have an Allison on a stand to tear down, as well as a transmission kit to show the various components available.

Should have my "magic" pump circulating fuel in a tank by then as well.

Should be at least 2 GM technicians in attendance. Not sure if Dennis will get his hands dirty, but Eric will be doing some dirty work...

Directions from Loyal WI

Take Cty K south of Loyal just about 1 mile. Where K curves west, you drop off fwd onto gravel. Take a left at the yield sign and you are on 26 rd. I'm just over the hill on RH side. Big trees, tan/green buildings. We're going to plan to park in the field BEFORE the buildings.

Map from Loyal: http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/loyal_mod.jpg

Or: N44° 42.720 W090° 29.333 near as I can tell.

Note:

PLEASE, no pets in our yard. If you must bring animals, please keep them outside of our fenced yard. Our dogs do not play well with other animals. People yes, animals, no. Also please do not feed them. They have feeders full of food.

Lodging/Local details:

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/lodging.htm

Some of these are 20-30 miles away, so call or email if you have any questions.

Once again, this will be a simple event and a learning experience for myself. Should be plenty of room for improvement for 2005!
Edited by: Kennedy

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Road Trip!!!!!!
Where's Daver?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm ready whenever you are. Your not to far from me, I just hope I have changed a few thing before rolling on the dyno again.

I might ever head up just to watch Brandon's truck, if he makes it all that way from down south!!

Jason

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I'm there. Even know where Loyal is! Been through there many times working at that GD butter plant up the road.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Brandon- if you go, you better bottle that southern air, cause you could make a killin selling it up here

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Roger that Jeremy! Of course, you got some pretty sweet "bottled" air of your own!! 675 HP is cool!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Kennedy - Keep me posted on the dates you have in mind. I'd like to see what the stock LLY is putting down before giving it the business.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
where is loyal, WI I live in northern IL just wondering if it is close

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its between I-39 and I-94 in Wi. About 5-6 hours from me in central Il. I'm just north of Bloomington. Lets hear some dates so I know if I have to take a vacation day.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If it is in late summer I will be headed back to Milwaukee to visit my brother. I would like to swing by. I want to see Kennedy's Shop anyhow.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An easy way to find on the map is to find Wausau, and Eau Claire. About 15 miles south of Hwy 29 dropping down from a point at about midway between the two.

Approx 60 miles1hr from:

Setvens Point, Wausau, Eau Claire

Approx 45 miles/minutes from Black Ribver Falls.

Thinking mid June and/or late July at this point...

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Currently investigating weekend of June 19-20 for practicality/conflicts....

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
on June 12th there is a DHRA dragrace at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, WI

how about making the dyno day on the 12-13th?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then I'd be competing with the DHRA race wouldn't I?

Saturday would be dyno day, Sunday would be possible dyno followup, but truth is, I can only "bust ass" one day, and second day I'll be a lot slower...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
if it was on the 13th some of us wouldn't have to make 2 trips to cheese land

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Details are still sketchy, but if nothing else, we may be able to do a small informal deal beforeor after the race...

·
Registered
479 Posts
hmmmmmmm, that's not too far for me to make it!

keep us posted on the details...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
working on my travel dates now

1 - 20 of 181 Posts