Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance to run the Kennedy Custom Race tune and all I can say is WOW!!

Highlights of the Kennedy Custom Race tune:
  • The engine sounds stock - very little injector/timing rattle
  • No touchy pedal - very smooth and easy to drive in stop/go traffic
  • EGT while driving are low (700-800 @ ~65-70mph)
  • The shifts are the best I have felt in an Allison to date :ro)
  • This tune pulls VERY HARD
  • Low smoke
  • The power comes in very smooth
Compaired to a PPE Hot +2/Va 70 Stack
  • The Kennedy Race tune has alot less injector/timing rattle then the stack - (virutally none on my truck)
  • The Kennedy Race tune pulls harder at WOT then the stack
  • The Kennedy Race tune has an almost stock pedal - the PPE Hot +2/VA stack has a way too touchy pedal for my liking
  • The Kennedy Race tune shifts a 100% better then the the PPE Hot +2/VA stack
  • Alot less smoke then the PPE Hot +2/VA stack

·
Registered
812 Posts
Where's the #'s

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry I have not had it on the dyno.. I think Brandon did, I think it made 471rwhp

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Sounds like a great tune. I can't wait to get my summer tires, get back to summer fuel and for these icy roads to disappear. Then it is time to get into some heavy tuning.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Low smoke....:rant: just kidding, it must be burning good :ro)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Kennedy has a dyno curve for this one on his website...

jeff

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Brandon worked it out a bit at the track Saturday while Race Hemi and I were out playing in the snow on ATV's. 13.5 at 100mph was the best that he ran last we spoke. On a 4x4 it should be able to launch harder and run much quicker, but we're still planning to work on improving the launch for the track.

Lil bit of LB7 dyno testing today if our aching bones and muscles allow...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I ran the Kennedy Diesel LLY tune at the track yesterday with some great results. The KD tune shaved three tenths off of the trucks prior best time and trapped at a higher speed. Congrats to John for this tune and I know he has tons more in store for it.

We ran [email protected] and with Allison tuning we managed to get the first sub 2.0 sixty foot time out of the truck. I was very pleased to get a 1.9 sixty foot out of the tow truck with just cheater slicks and no suspension mods.

The tune also ran the coolest of any tune I have ever raced on the LLY with the pyro only hitting 1500 degrees through the traps. Any other high horsepower tune or box I have ran on the LLY would bury the pryo through the traps. Since high EGT's seem to kill the LLY turbo pretty easily I was happy to see the lower temps.

Very happy with the results and it did great for unhitching the trailer, flogging it at the track and then hooking it back up to tow the LB7 back home. :ro)

We also did well with the LB7 at 12.07 @ 115 MPH. :cool:

Video can be seen here:

www.bmdmax.com/downloads/ftrl-tnt.wmv

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Congrats, how much boost?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It peaks at about 35 psi, sustained boost is a bit lower around 31 to 32 PSI.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
congrats to kenedey for some great results for the lly, to make those times your making some good power and keeping egts in line...

as a john says maybe with a fwd a few more tenths can be taken off the time, you gotta like it

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Good to see. Congrats! See if you can get it into 12's on tuning alone. :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Good to see. Congrats! See if you can get it into 12's on tuning alone. :D
Might be tough to do with my lowly 2WD LiLLY but we are gonna give it a shot for sure. Getting the LLY out of the hole feels totally different than the LB7 so I may have to revisit the trans setup in the truck converter wise. I definitely cannot boost up the 1053 in the LLY as hard as my Velocity in the LB7 at the line.

I think we need 70 to 100 more ponies on fuel only to get a 2WD in the 12's only on fuel at my current weight so it will just take time to find those ponies without completely melting the turbo down. ;)

Might have to look at some other forced induction options... Censored

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Congrats!

Lower EGT's are VERY important. Trust me. :(

But you still have to catch me. :D

I'm working on a "hair on fire" and tow tune right now. I'm trying to get the mileage up with EFILive on Blue.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Well done fellas, big power, low EGT's, excellent drivability, you can bet bigger and better things will keep coming out of Loyal, WI this year.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
We still haven't run the race TCM in this truck to the best of my knowledge. Keeping the unit that Brandon has set up for his LB7. I'll be sending him one for the LLY and if it works as well for Brandon as it does for McRat...

Then there's always more tweaking to do with the Allison as the software matures...

We'll have some LB7 stuff coming soon, but I figured I'd tune the "lowly" LLY first. We intended to tune on Sunday, but found that we needed to go through and make a bunch of changes etc on the dyno to restore my preferences after my recent upgrades.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
sorry I have not had it on the dyno.. I think Brandon did, I think it made 471rwhp
Who made the tune, and who ran the dyno? If it was one in the same, then we need other dyno run by another operator to valadate the results.

I am not saying the numbers would be fudged to make it look better, but if you have your hand in the cookie jar, you tend to grab a cookie while your there.;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts