Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the dear wife complained enough about the ride quality on my 2021 CC dually I spent the money on a full stock height air ride. Never miss an opportunity to make the truck better when the DW oks it lol. I installed it myself with some help over 3 weekends. I also opted for the 4 link air controls with automatic leveling. The ride quality is a tremendous improvement. I will hook to my fifth wheel next week and see how it does with 4500#s of tongue weight. I don't understand how this is not an option on a $80,000 truck, This thing rides better than my 2020 CCSB 2500.

· Super Moderator
2005 GMC 2500HD
1,798 Posts
Well after the dear wife complained enough about the ride quality on my 2021 CC dually I spent the money on a full stock height air ride. Never miss an opportunity to make the truck better when the DW oks it lol. I installed it myself with some help over 3 weekends. I also opted for the 4 link air controls with automatic leveling. The ride quality is a tremendous improvement. I will hook to my fifth wheel next week and see how it does with 4500#s of tongue weight. I don't understand how this is not an option on a $80,000 truck, This thing rides better than my 2020 CCSB 2500.

Would you please post up some detailed photos?
Thank you.

· Registered
682 Posts
I had a Kelderman rear setup for a couple years, it was a piece of garbage. All the joints got sloppy within a year, the shocks they send with are junk. The air bags were way too small & not enough volume to provide a good ride. Once you get an air leak your truck is also un-drivable. Overall the components are not built to last like a commercial truck air ride. Hope you have better luck.

Reactions: firestopper

· Registered
172 Posts
I had a Kelderman rear setup for a couple years, it was a piece of garbage. All the joints got sloppy within a year, the shocks they send with are junk. The air bags were way too small & not enough volume to provide a good ride. Once you get an air leak your truck is also un-drivable. Overall the components are not built to last like a commercial truck air ride. Hope you have better luck.
Me too, thanks for the heads up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.