·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you were going to keep them then you should get one to put at the end of the box, but that being that I would likely take them off but that is just me. Good luck:D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think i would keep them and just get one for the back of the bed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
HEAVYdutyDMAX;1597235; said:
I think i would keep them and just get one for the back of the bed.
x2, did the chrome trim with the tapered ends come with the truck or were they added by you? looks pretty sharp

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Do you drive graval roads? If not, them pull em off!

I have them on my truck for protection from stones etc.
I love the look of a truck without them.....unless the truck is black.
Just my opinion..

·
Registered
167 Posts
loved them on my 96 gasser 1 ton but they were alot smaller they do no justice for the new trucks, Let them go

·
Registered
550 Posts
get rid of them!! they look terrible with those bumpers and black nerf bars. if you want protection for the rockers, go with a Line-X type product and color match it to whatever you want. JMO

·
Registered
414 Posts
those are soooooooo 90's :D no really i don't think they look good on these newer trucks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
90s....I was running these same panels in 82 on my 1/2 ton chevy. looked good back then, so I thought. Gid rid of them fast

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
ive always liked rocker pannels. lots of trucks i see in the shop have them installed. we also stock lots of them in the wharehouse at all times

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well get rid of them is winning. keep the imput coming. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Pitch em' line-x if you really want the protection.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok now heres a question. does anyone know a good way to take them off?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Take em off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
newduramaxguy;1598294; said:
those are soooooooo 90's :D no really i don't think they look good on these newer trucks.
x2

·
Registered
113 Posts
More than likely they are held on with two way tape. Do it on a hot day or use a heat gun to warm it up and just start peeling. You will find alot of dirt under there just wash & wax it. If there is glue use some goop off. Try it in a inconspicuous area first then wax

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok they are off. these were a pita to take off.

I will post pics later in the month once she gets detailed.

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you have any glue/tape residue left, 3M makes an adhesive remover that works like a charm. Just pour some on a rag and wipe off the residue. In my experience its alot easier than goo gone or any other household cleaners. They sell it in and 8oz. can at most autoparts stores.

DMAXBOB

1 - 20 of 25 Posts