Diesel Place banner

KD Injectors test

3K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  White Duramax 
#1 ·
Again, thanks to Dmaxallitech for doing the install while I played on the dyno testing other trucks. I haven't driven the truck much yet, but can say for sure that the gains are solid across the board until we hit the ceiling and start really overfueling. Smoke seems minimal without programming, but put a big box on and watch out as it's gonna roll! Here is the end result as compared to the stock baseline:

See less See more
#3 ·
Here's the before/after on the VA 200+ using the low setting:

#4 ·
Please note that the notes on the bottom are carry over from the Superflow program. I've been very lax about changing them while testing and have been using my paper notes then renaming after the fact. The 200+ on low setting is a scaled down program designed to be more driveable, although the 200+ is quite well mannered also.

The spread diminishes as we hit the next level, and I have not yet run the nitrous. Haven't even purchased the parts yet... Edited by: Kennedy

#5 ·
Dmax Tim said:
How much does this cost to do on a LB7 and LLY?
I believe John has the injectors up for 1200.00 and that does not include a core. I believe going to just nozzles will be the way to do it so you dont have to worry about ending up with sub par cores. Quality cores are hard to find and expensive. Figure 2200 for the injector work and install.

#6 ·
Basically, I'd rather do YOUR cores. There is just too much risk accepting someone else's cores on an exchange basis.

If a guy does not require test data, the nozzles themselves can be reworked for less $$$, BUT I still recommend having them assembled and fully tested. The results will not be absolutely perfect, but they will be fairly close when properly built. They are best done in batches so they can be matched as closely as possible...

#7 ·
Very nice, thanks for all of the hard work and testing!

Would these injectors give a smoother running engine due to the closer grouping? Would they increase fuel economy any?

#8 ·
I need to run them some more. They are definitely smoother than the originals ever were. Dunno when I'll actually get a decnt MPG run though...

#10 ·
Yup,

Things happen pretty fast during a burnout, and the trans has trouble shifting quick enough so it sometimes "bobbles" at the limiter, but I believe it now burns my 265's through 4th gear and into 5th where it gets a bit ahead of itself, the turbo sneezes, and it motors away....

#12 ·
I understand that the spread would be less with the high setting on the VA200, but what was the spread anyway. The NOS people would still be able to use them together even if it doesn't show much gain without the NOS.

#13 ·
The upswing does not gain as it is too overfueled like many other programs, but once the turbo gets singing, it has some decent gains. There is a lot to be gained with more air down low, and the curve up top is still without rival.

#14 ·
Add a turbo and or some nos and you'd change your sig. to 700+.

#15 ·
heartbeatcanada said:

Shhh, don't tell anyone...

#16 ·
Kennedy said:
heartbeatcanada said:

Shhh, don't tell anyone...

I won't if you won't
When can i let the cat out

Nice gains with the injectors. How bad does it smoke with a big box on????? What does your dyno read up to for trq???? Went to dyno again today and this not reading over 1200 is not the handiest.

#17 ·
1400HP and 200mph are the only ratings I've seen. Doubt we'll maxout the TQ...

#18 ·
Kennedy said:
1400HP and 200mph are the only ratings I've seen. Doubt we'll maxout the TQ...

I'd have to say not............don't think you'll have to worry about the hp either, at least for a diesel.

#23 ·
I have, and will have nozzle assys available, BUT it is my position that they should be installed ANDoperated on a test machine prior to installation.

I'm anxious to see hoew the enlarged hole units do. The units that I am running now do mot have a significant hole size change which I believe to be a big plus for atomization.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.