Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My custom seats arrived today, chevy wouldnt let me have leather with the stick, so I bought them elsewhere (www.leatherseats.com)

Katzkin leather, extremely high quality stuff (feels like the stuff you'd find in a vette or caddy, much better than the factory chevy truck leather) The grey was color matched to the interior plastic (and matches perfectly) but the blue was just a best guess at matching the exterior.... and its absolutely spot on! I cant beleive how close it matches.

The back seats are the same (including the 2 tone and the bowties)

Anyone out there thats even remotely considering katzkin interior.... Do it! you wont be disappointed!

Heres a few quick pictures.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think he has to get them put on. dave

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just on there loose right now?? looks kinda wrinkly but all in all looks great hmm leather seats might be in my future
lol sorry, I should have been more clear.

The covers just laying on the factory seat. I just took it out of the box about half an hour ago... very flat and wrinkly. I'm not sure when I'll have time to put them on, we're going on vacation next week.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Nice! Just send them this way and I'll break 'em in for the first 100k or so.
:D

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
How much did the front covers cost ?

And how much for the rear ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did the front covers cost ?

And how much for the rear ?

total cost was just over a grand, but I paid extra to get the bowties, double stitching, 2 tone, and leather on the back seat. Not sure what they'd charge for just front or just rear.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Nice!!!

My wife wanted a new car with leather but the one she wanted was 50k so I talked her into just upgrading the seats in her 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee to leather. I ordered up a set of gray and black two tones (with seat heaters for the two fronts) from Katzkin. It took me a better part of a weekend and $1,100.00 but the trade was well worth it. The leather is way better than factory in my opinion and is holding up to two kids and Starbucks spills just fine.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Those look great. Can't wait to see the pics of them installed! Kind of pricy, though.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Kind of pricy, though.
Not when you compare what you are getting vs. factory leather. $1000 or something for factory leather with no heat? No brainer. I'm doing the same thing. Katzkin is high value for the price...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do they make a leather cover for folding jump seat too?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do they make a leather cover for folding jump seat too?
yeah, my kit has a matching vinyl cover for the jump seat but you can have them make yours in leather.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let us know how hard of an install it is........;)
Will do. It came with everything needed for the install, and most the peices actually look pretty straight forward (mostly goes on with zippers or that locking track system) but a few peices look like they'll be a pain.

If I get in over my head, it's going to a upolstry shop to get finished... I dont wanna screw it up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice covers. They look great!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I may just go this route after I do my center console conversion. It shouldn't be that bad cost-wise for just the two front seats.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the Katzkins and knowing what I know now I may never get another vehicle with the factory leather option if Katzkin has a replacement cover available.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have the Katzkins and knowing what I know now I may never get another vehicle with the factory leather option if Katzkin has a replacement cover available.
Sounds good. Got any pics of them?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Katzkin seat covers are very good quality covers. I am an upholsterer and replace many cloth/color change/vinyl seat covers with the Katzkins. You will be very happy with them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Those look awesome, way better than the factory leather. I never thought the factory leather looked very "qualtity." My front seats are starting to crack and look kind of junky. I just may have to do this in a couple of years. I wouldn't mind seeing duramax upolstered on my seats. Definately keep us posted on the install.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts