Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 85 k5 6.2l diesel ex military truck with 39,xxx miles that I've been daily driving for about a year with no problems. Ive converted it to a 12 volt system and put new glow plug in it when i got it. The other day on my way home from work the truck had little power and it started to hesitate at higher rpm and wouldn't shift unless I lifted off the throttle. To me it felt like it was running out of fuel. I changed the fuel filter and lift pump already, made sure I had no contamination in the fuel, and made sure the air filter was clean. I'm hoping that its not the injection pump but I'm running out of options. Does anybody have any suggestions on other thinks it could be? I've been searching around this site and others for 3 hours now and can't find anything.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Try installing a piece of clear fuel line on the return side of the Injection Pump to help look for any air in fuel gremlins

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 85 k5 6.2l diesel ex military truck with 39,xxx miles that I've been daily driving for about a year with no problems. Ive converted it to a 12 volt system and put new glow plug in it when i got it. The other day on my way home from work the truck had little power and it started to hesitate at higher rpm and wouldn't shift unless I lifted off the throttle. To me it felt like it was running out of fuel. I changed the fuel filter and lift pump already, made sure I had no contamination in the fuel, and made sure the air filter was clean. I'm hoping that its not the injection pump but I'm running out of options. Does anybody have any suggestions on other thinks it could be? I've been searching around this site and others for 3 hours now and can't find anything.

It sounds like you have an automatic. If it hesitates to upshift, you may not have good vacuum. This is a problem with even a simple cracked hard hose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts