Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the K47 use the same mounting piece (the plastic part that attaches to the fender) as the flat air filters? Thanks. I think I finally found one!!!!

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
189 Posts
Not sure but I had read that the K47 diesel Air Box will mount up to my 95. Your mounting piece is plastic um, My bracket is metal with two rubber grommets that attach to the wheel well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same intake i need to install. Ive had it for years. And needs to get done already. Not sure what I'm going to need to complete the project

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
i didnt have any of the mounting hardware or the correct snokel to the box. Just the box itself, the clamps, and the fender duct piece.

I used 3 or 4" a street El PVC pipe to go from the rubber boot on my old intake on the turbo. Since I got the filter an the PVC at the farm store, I was able to find the right size.I just used white because I don't care.Black would look better and may be more robust to the heat. Mine has deformed a little bit.

There is no mounting hardware, it just sits in the fender and is held in by the duct piece. I put duct tape over the holes in the fender to keep water from splashing up into the fender.

Pluses: cheap. Easy
Minuses: After some heat cycles, the foam relaxes on filter and it can have a tendency to suck up inside the filter, especially when old and restricted. The configuration really puts the tube close to the battery terminal making access difficult.

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
189 Posts
Look at pvcv pipe I think ifs 150 to 200. Pool heater pipe. Or silicon elbow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts