Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K&N filter in the stock air box in my truck and was wondering if its worth the money to get the whole system, or is just the filter good enough?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I would think you might get more CFM from an open face element and additional turbo whistle by removing the air [silencer] box ..... I felt a faster spool up with the AFE over an altered box and oily couch cushion .... This could just be power of suggestion and justification of spending another 200 bucks tho .....

Mac

·
Registered
448 Posts
Probably not. With mine I don't think I gained much, except for the occasional SES from the MAF.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I will help you out, if you can wait i will give all the ET results. When i first raced my trcuk it went 15.25, then 14.80 with just a K&N filter, Predator and better launch technique. I recently installed the FIPK and am interested in seeing what it has done. def more noise in the cab. Honestly i think it will prob pick up 1-2mph and thats about it. Intakes really dont add too much ET do to the part they only work best at high MPH. I will let you know as soon as i get some results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts