Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to visit my mom at my grandmothers about 75 miles from here and blew a front right tire. Went down an embankment and went through a fence and hit a big pile of rocks then hit some trees. Luckily I had a full replacement front bumper so that saved my grill, and lights, but got my hood, busted my window, tore my front right fender off, bent my rim. tore of both my mirrors, ect ..ect.. Looks like the front end might have recieved some damage. I am pissed but it could of been worse.. Luckily I avoided a roll-over..

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
The important thing is that you are alright. I know it sucks, but the truck can be fixed. Wish you the best of luck!

Kevin

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Good to hear your alright. Got any pics?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics yet... It doesnt really look all that bad mostly paint work I think.. and some minor replacement stuff mirrors, windshield, and the right front fender.. I went and looked at it again a second ago (its in the impound at the dealership I work at) and I think the front end is ok..

·
Registered
646 Posts
That bites, but at least you're OK.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was running a Bridgestone (firestone) M/T with 50-55 psi that had about 1/4 tread left on it.. The tread just peeled right off.. I do know one thing when a front tire blows out on these trucks you aint keeping it on the road.. Edited by: tanner

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Any pictures or maybe a live video of the action?

Man I love pictures....

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Very sorry to hear, glad you are ok. Hope you get it all fixed.

You guys are terrible. Saying that you hope he is ok and then asking for pics. That is terrible!!!

Hey, you have any pics of the damage?

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
How fast were you going?

Were these the stock tires? Im about to make a 2000 mile run with the stockers...Tread wear line is pretty close to the markers...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It could of have a lot of things that caused the blowout, most likely the tread seperated from the sidewall. Glad you are alright.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mannytranny said:
How fast were you going?

Were these the stock tires? Im about to make a 2000 mile run with the stockers...Tread wear line is pretty close to the markers...

I was going 70-75.. and no they are not stock tires they are 285/75 16 Bridgestone M/T's... Not a stock rim that got bent either ..

On edit... I will have some pics monday.
Edited by: tanner

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I know when you have a front tire blow out, you don`t have time to think about thinks, But the worst thing you can do is hit the brakes. If you have time, it is best to apply the E-Brake and put the vehicle into netural, and hang on for dear life.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about your accident... I've been there before... before I bought my new truck, I was driving a 81' Mercury Cougar XR7... I was coming off the two lane highway on to a single lane highway, the single lane highway has a slight grade and bend just as you exit the two lane... I was in the middle of the bend and my right rear exploded into pieces doing about 80mph... she got sideways but I saved it.. wish it would have hit the retaining wall though, I HATE FORD PRODUCTS!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
masterp2 said:
It is scary to hear you couldn't keep it on the road. Was there any warning of the failure you could feel?

Is your truck modified, besides the taller tires? Any load?

Michael

I guess saying I couldnt keep it on the road is not exactly true. After going to repair the fence I ran through today I looked at my tracks left on the road and it appears it blew out then I kept it on the road for about 100 feet or so. Then it gradually went off the road and once that happened I went down the embankment obviously puuled my even harder to the right. I guess it all happend so fast that it seemed like I couldnt keep it straight, and going down the embankment made it a more drastic pull.

No warning really I heard a load bzzzzzzz then booom.. that was it

No mods just bigger tires and aftermarket rim..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well if the tread seperated from the tire then I would be contacting firestone. They have been having a lot of problems with their tires and tread seperation sounds like a defect to me in the manufacturing of the tire. Sorry to here about your truck though. Hope it gets back together soon.

·
Registered
648 Posts
NOTE TO SELF: Don't buy Bridgestones....

Seriously, glad you're OK. My wife totalled her 02 Passat a month or so ago and was SO upset over it. I'll tell you what I told her: They make those cars (and trucks) every day. Cars can be replaced, people can't.

I know that's a cliche, but it's the honest truth.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wasn't tread seperation the main problem with the Explorer fiasco??

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
glad to hear your ok my as for your truck we will all be pulling for its swift recovery

1 - 20 of 22 Posts