Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the transgo jr and transynd flush yesterday and now I can't get a reading on the dip stick. This morning the dipstick read half way between cold and hot...I just took it for a ride and can't het a reading while idling...I did do the deep allison pan...I know I put about 5 gallons in ...Do I need a new longer dipstick?

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Eric...I bought my stuff from you. So help me out...How much should I have put in...can you eeleborate?

thanks

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
since you did a flush, you may need to use more then 5 gallons. I dunno how you did it, dont really matter though. When you install the deep pan and the transgo kit, you may use up to 4 gallons to fill. When the truck is up to full temp, level of fluid should be at the bottom half of the hot mark.

You dont have to change anything on the dipstick with the pan swap.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just took off from cooler line and had a buddy add as I watched level coming out...we flushed about 2.5 to 3 gals...Am I safe to drive so I can go get more transynd? I don't have a lot left..maybe 2 qts or so...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh...and how come when cold the fluid is above the cold marks...way above...not quite to hot marks...

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
not to question your ability, but you are checking the fluid with the truck running right? Just making sure.

I know when I did just the jr install, no flush or deep pan takes about 2.5-3 gallons to fill it back up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, truck was running...i figured somebody would ask that...at temp and at idle...when truck cold...plenty if not too much reading on dipstick...when taken at above parameters, only covering about 1.5" of dipstick...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ever Green;1602238; said:
yes, truck was running...i figured somebody would ask that...at temp and at idle...when truck cold...plenty if not too much reading on dipstick...when taken at above parameters, only covering about 1.5" of dipstick...
The only thing that makes any sense to me would be you somehow got air in the system and so after running it would be lower when the valves had actuated and filled with fluid rather than air or you have a leak.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
When I did my SC IV install I put 3.5 gallons in, started it, added another galloon. Drove it and limped it becuase their was air in the system, added another gallon and it finally came up on the dip stick. Total 5.5 gallons. Allison deep pan, Mike L. cooler and TC.

You have to remember that when the truck is cold, all the fluid is in the pan. But when you drive it around, that fluid gets up in the case and all over the clutches and into the converter so that could explain whey their is more fluid.

Bentley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts