Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has just under 105k on it and I recently made the switch to biodiesel (B20). Considering the fact that I am about to replace my third filter in 6,000 miles, I think it would be a good idea to add the Nicktane.

I read about how a higher blend of biodiesel would actually clean the fuel system, but I never imagined my system was as dirty as it actually is (was). However, there is nothing more satisfying to me than putting 20% of the cost of each gallon of fuel back into the pocket of the American farmer...even if it means I have to replace a few extra filters. :thumb:

-Wardster :ro)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
However, there is nothing more satisfying to me than putting 20% of the cost of each gallon of fuel back into the pocket of the American farmer...even if it means I have to replace a few extra filters. :thumb:

-Wardster :ro)

:exactly:

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
:ro) :exactly: I can't wait till it is available in northeast.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I own 187 acres here in Ohio that we have leased out for crops (wheat/field corn/soy beans), so I guess you could say that I get a little bit of it back in the way of rent.

-Wardster

·
Registered
434 Posts
Are the lines used with the Nicktane compatible with biodiesel?

If they are not, at what level of biodiesel does it become an issue?

Mine was installed in January 2005 and just wondering if I went to biodiesel if I had to change the lines that came with the kit to something more compatible with biodiesel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are looking into building a Bio Diesel plant here in Louisville I can't wait. But get this the people that live around the plant dont want it built. They said that it would be an eye sore!!!!! I cant believe that crap, they live in a industrial area of town and are trying to push this plant out the door. So I may be out of luck for right now

·
Registered
434 Posts
The lines are compatible with B100 per their website.

-Wardster
Checked the site. They started selling kits with B100 compatible tubing in July 2005. I got my kit in January 2005 so I would need to change the tubing to use B100.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My kit showed up yesterday! I will have to install it in on of our heated bays here at work tomorrow since the warm spell is over.

-Wardster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts