Diesel Place banner

Just installed edge j/a

778 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Wolford 
#1 ·
i just put in the j/a it was easy to do i have a 03' crew cab short bed with mbrp 4"exaust and volant intake. i have tried all 5 power levels. on level 3 i ran a 7.0 0-60 and a 15.7 1/4mile w/ 2 other people. levels 4-5 are nice but 5 is a little scary from reading the stories from the people on here. but even at 3/4 throttle it spins brand new bfg all terrians! anyway i just wanted to tell every one thatr doesnt know that the edge juice with attitude is the best thing u could buy for this thing imo. i almost injoy this truck as much as my 95 supercharged 6 speed impala ss.:ro)

#2 ·
That does it. I installed my J/A a couple of days a go. I don't get so much as a scratch from my tires on level four. Guess I better disconnect/reconnect before making a call. Attitude seems to be working, just don't feel the power I expected.

#7 ·
That does it. I installed my J/A a couple of days a go. I don't get so much as a scratch from my tires on level four. Guess I better disconnect/reconnect before making a call. Attitude seems to be working, just don't feel the power I expected.
:exactly: I have increased power.....but definitely not the amount that I expected. Level 3 feels about like when the truck was new. Even on level 5, it does not cause the pos dmf/clutch to slip?:confused:

#3 · (Edited)
Farmdog ~ While I'm not into wasting good rubber ~ my first juice, v4.8i didn't compare to the V1.0 replacement unit. I'm guessing it had other issues beside the cold/first startup problem I was experiencing. It can pull some g's now.

BTW, back in the 90's there was a common exclaimation 'wudya look at the head on that puppy!'. Looking at your avatar ~ can't help but think it has finally come home :D :cool2:

#6 ·
Farmdog, you are letting it get up to operating temperature, right? The Edge will not fuel until engine temp gets up to at least 180 degrees.

#8 ·
That is weird. My hypertech would smoke the tires if I power braked it. The Edge on my LLY would spin'em real good until my trans started slipping and not putting the power to the good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.