Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, thanks to all, for the information i needed to do the install on my cab marker lights. It was lots of work but well worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Truck looks really good now. I think that when you have roof marker lights on a truck it makes it look mean when it's coming at you at night; almost like a big rig heading your way. Good job!:ro)

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
When mine were installed it makes the truck look so much different. Never regretted it ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
very sweet looking, always wanted to do it to mine! maybe ill do that next.....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
looks good, i put clears on mine a while back, no leaks and no regrets):h

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
73 Posts
clear versions

anyone have the pictures of the clear lights installed?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks really nice !
Don't get me worng, this is a sincere question....
What is the purpose of marker lights ?

I wanted them when I was buying my truck. Truthfully, just because I liked the looks of them. The dealers kept asking me what I wanted them for, and I couldn't come up with a operational purpose or need. What do you guys use them for?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Looks really nice !
Don't get me worng, this is a sincere question....
What is the purpose of marker lights ?

I wanted them when I was buying my truck. Truthfully, just because I liked the looks of them. The dealers kept asking me what I wanted them for, and I couldn't come up with a operational purpose or need. What do you guys use them for?
if you ask me they make the truck look more like...well a truck):h

·
Registered
123 Posts
DOT, if your pulling trailers, its required.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Has anyone got any pics with them on a white truck?

·
Registered
121 Posts
DOT, if your pulling trailers, its required.
Didn't know this. Can you point me to a reference ?
Is there a trailer size limit ? Ie. "need em in statex X, Y, and Z if trailer is over XX tons, or XX feet "?
We've all got hitches on our trucks, most all of us tow something, but few have marker lights.

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Has anyone got any pics with them on a white truck?
there are pics of the amber ones on a white truck in the diy section under the "cab light install". i have not seen the clear ones on a white truck though

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have a Summit White too and thought the smoked lenses would look better... kinda match the XM and Cell antennas...

thoughts? comments?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have a Summit White too and thought the smoked lenses would look better... kinda match the XM and Cell antennas...

thoughts? comments?
i think it would look good:grd:

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Didn't know this. Can you point me to a reference ?
Is there a trailer size limit ? Ie. "need em in statex X, Y, and Z if trailer is over XX tons, or XX feet "?
We've all got hitches on our trucks, most all of us tow something, but few have marker lights.

Thanks !
Federal Lighting Regulations ( << link )state the front and rear clearance lamps are required on vehicles wider than 80 inches (2032 mm). The body width on a 2500HD is just under the requirement 79.7 inches. on the other hand 3500 DRW are 96.1 inches so they are required by law to have them. 1500 are an inch and a half under the requirement at 78.5 inches wide.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts