Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, it’s been a while. Just got truck back from paint. I really am impressed with the new site. Bravo!!!. I am just starting to put her back together (very excited) and am having trouble locating rear taillight housing gaskets. The black rectangle rubber gaskets between the housing and the body. I all ready have new tail lights did not come with gaskets. Search everywhere I can think of. Hope I don’t have to buy the whole assembly. There’s one on one of those GM parts sites that show it with the gasket. But it cost $160-170. Good to be back Thank Gus.

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Hi all, it’s been a while. Just got truck back from paint. I really am impressed with the new site. Bravo!!!. I am just starting to put her back together (very excited) and am having trouble locating rear taillight housing gaskets. The black rectangle rubber gaskets between the housing and the body. I all ready have new tail lights did not come with gaskets. Search everywhere I can think of. Hope I don’t have to buy the whole assembly. There’s one on one of those GM parts sites that show it with the gasket. But it cost $160-170. Good to be back Thank Gus. View attachment 634539
Welcome back!

You could improvise and use some hardware store weather strip material, butyl tape, or buy some other gasket material and cut one out to fit
(y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back!

You could improvise and use some hardware store weather strip material, butyl tape, or buy some other gasket material and cut one out to fit
(y)
Welcome back!

(y)
Sorry I’m getting back so late. Life goes on. Thanks OK for your response. I did find some with gaskets. Thanks.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,801 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member