Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to order some amsoil and they were out of stock. After fixing the order I asked about fuel additives. He said they use stanadyne. He said they have to pull the ford tanks to modify them for air sucking reasons. He said the stanadyne tanks never had water in them. Non additive tanks had a small amount (like a tablespoon).

So it seems demulsifiers move the water through the system to the water trap as well.

Just some fyiEdited by: problemchild

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
problemchild said:
I had to order some amsoil and they were out of stock. After fixing the order I asked about fuel additives. He said they use stanadyne. He said they have to pull the ford tanks to modify them for air sucking reasons. He said the stanadyne tanks never had water in them. None additive tanks had a small amount (like a tablespoon).

So it seems demulsifiers move the water through the system to the water trap as well.

Just some fyi
And if that's so, where else does it go in undissolved form? Don't forget we have a constantly recirculating fuel system that is constantly shook up. How does demulsifying handle those apples?Edited by: hoot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts