Diesel Place banner

Just got my Predator

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  turbov6joe 
#1 ·
And all I can say is :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Only installed the 65Hp, but WOW. Like a new truck. It's the V2.0, so eventually, I'll have it updated. Is the 2.02 better than the 2.0 (in terms of SOTP or otherwise) other than the ability to turn EGR off?

#4 ·
My main complaint at the moment is the shifts suck... Feels like lots of flair (could be de-fueling) between shifts. I'm going to stop and see my buddy and have him initiate fast learn. Will the shifts go to feeling near-stock after some learning? I've read posts that say the 2.0's shifting isn't as good as 2.02.

#5 ·
the transmission needs time to learn ...... the fast adapt with a tech 2 will help some but ultamitlly you need driving , many repeted 1-5 shifts and then diffrent throttle positions while shifting !!!!!!!

#7 ·
Is the Predator suppost to read boost? It shows 0Kpa all the time next to boost when I'm reading real time data.

#8 ·
My version 2.0 wouldn't read the boost either. Many others have posted the same.

Version 2.02 is much better IMHO - shifting is smoother.

#9 ·
Why would you buy the old version?

#10 ·
I initially had the same question in my mind - it's possible though that if one got an extremely good deal on the unit - then paid the $99 for the update they could still be farther ahead , I guess.

To each his own.....

#12 ·
Well, first mileage report is in w/ the 65hp tune...

149.2mi of around town normal work driving, mix of stop & go, sitting in traffic, highway, heavy foot = 18.93 :eek:

Highway from St Louis to Murray KY, cruise set @ 75mph (243.8mi) 15.796 (DIC Claimed 26.9 at fillup)

Next trip I'll try the 85hp tune... My buddy says it gets better mileage, I think it just throws his DIC off more. We'll see.

#14 ·
Unless I have a trasmission like Ben (DURAtotheMAX). He couldn't get his to limp for ANYTHING.

#17 ·
You're right! They did deviate from their manual. I didn't need to pay roundtrip freight! Just to them, and they paid to ship it back!!

#21 ·
I just got mine back with the 2.02 - now I have that turbo bark. That new update at the dealership will fix this correct>?
So far I like the update, I don't have a boost or egt guage, but I sure can hear a bit more turbo whine.
I like it...

#22 ·
I've got the same problem with hypertech and i am the original owner. So now I have a $350 paper weight. They want something like $200 to change their programs. You want to talk about crappy C/S talk to those d!ck heads. But that has already cost them 5 programmers I personnaly have talked people out of add that up I've cost them alot more than it would have cost them to fix my problem. The little man can always get even:ro) :muahaha:

#23 ·
The new version has better shifting and much less smoke...especially in the 85hp setting. I also now have the turbo bark which is really not that big of a deal to me...it's just a sound that I can live with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.