Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And all I can say is :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Only installed the 65Hp, but WOW. Like a new truck. It's the V2.0, so eventually, I'll have it updated. Is the 2.02 better than the 2.0 (in terms of SOTP or otherwise) other than the ability to turn EGR off?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My main complaint at the moment is the shifts suck... Feels like lots of flair (could be de-fueling) between shifts. I'm going to stop and see my buddy and have him initiate fast learn. Will the shifts go to feeling near-stock after some learning? I've read posts that say the 2.0's shifting isn't as good as 2.02.

·
Registered
777 Posts
My main complaint at the moment is the shifts suck... Feels like lots of flair (could be de-fueling) between shifts. I'm going to stop and see my buddy and have him initiate fast learn. Will the shifts go to feeling near-stock after some learning? I've read posts that say the 2.0's shifting isn't as good as 2.02.
the transmission needs time to learn ...... the fast adapt with a tech 2 will help some but ultamitlly you need driving , many repeted 1-5 shifts and then diffrent throttle positions while shifting !!!!!!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Get the BS since you have the old version. Your egt's will drop quite a bit. The new version adds boost b/c of the older version having high egt's.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the Predator suppost to read boost? It shows 0Kpa all the time next to boost when I'm reading real time data.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Is the Predator suppost to read boost? It shows 0Kpa all the time next to boost when I'm reading real time data.
My version 2.0 wouldn't read the boost either. Many others have posted the same.

Version 2.02 is much better IMHO - shifting is smoother.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Why would you buy the old version?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Why would you buy the old version?
I initially had the same question in my mind - it's possible though that if one got an extremely good deal on the unit - then paid the $99 for the update they could still be farther ahead , I guess.

To each his own.....

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
then paid the $99 for the update
Updates are Free.

Anyone have any data as to which tune gives tehe largest increase in highway MPG? My buddy said the 85 does, but I suspect that the 85 just throws the DIC off more than the 65.... I don't think he's hand calculated it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, first mileage report is in w/ the 65hp tune...

149.2mi of around town normal work driving, mix of stop & go, sitting in traffic, highway, heavy foot = 18.93 :eek:

Highway from St Louis to Murray KY, cruise set @ 75mph (243.8mi) 15.796 (DIC Claimed 26.9 at fillup)

Next trip I'll try the 85hp tune... My buddy says it gets better mileage, I think it just throws his DIC off more. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
carefull with the 85hp tune your stock tranny might not like it. :D
Unless I have a trasmission like Ben (DURAtotheMAX). He couldn't get his to limp for ANYTHING.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Updates are Free.

Anyone have any data as to which tune gives tehe largest increase in highway MPG? My buddy said the 85 does, but I suspect that the 85 just throws the DIC off more than the 65.... I don't think he's hand calculated it.

Updates are only free to the original purchaser. Even then you still have to pay to have it shipped to Diablo for the update. Updates are $99 if you bought a used unit or don't have an original receipt from an authorized dealer.

Related to Kennedy's question - why would you buy a new unit with the version 2.0 and have to go thru the trouble of sending it back rather that just buying a new unit with the 2.0 version to begin with?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Updates are only free to the original purchaser. Even then you still have to pay to have it shipped to Diablo for the update. Updates are $99 if you bought a used unit or don't have an original receipt from an authorized dealer.

Related to Kennedy's question - why would you buy a new unit with the version 2.0 and have to go thru the trouble of sending it back rather that just buying a new unit with the 2.0 version to begin with?
Did you even read the manaul? The section regarding updates is TOTALLY seperate from the EULA and the warranty section. There is NO reference to needing to be the original owner for updates. Here's another one for you: WHY do WE (GM owners) need to be the original owners to get the updates, but the Ford owners don't. They don't even have to sdend it in! Just download the update! Can you explain that one?

I could barely afford the $275 I paid for the Predator. I can't afford the Additional $125 to get one new from KD. I WILL NOT pay Diablo the $99 for the update. I don't NEED it. I can live with V2.0. If I can get them to fold and provide the update that they advertised as FREE OF CHARGE, great. If not, I'll live with V2.0. From their Manual:
Predator Revisions:
In an effort to keep the Diablosport Predator at
the forefront of technology, Diablosport will
offer revisions to the Predator when need be.
The following procedure needs to be followed to return a used
Predator for a revision update.
Please contact Diablosport to receive RMA number, units received
without an RMA will be returned to the shipper. Used Predators must
be returned to Diablosport directly for update, not the selling dealer.
Updates will be free of charge. customer is responsible for round trip
freight expenses.
The reference to updates is on the VERY FIRST PAGE, BEFORE the EULA/Warranty (which DOES NOT reference updates). Nowhere in there does it say ANYTHING about ANY charge to update, or needing to be the original owner, or needing the reciept.

The predator is a good product, but their customer service SUCKS.

I have a lawyer friend or two, and will be having them look at the manual and tell me if legally, they have a leg to stand on with this "Must be original owner to recieve updates" Bull$h1t. Like I've said before, I can understand it if we where talking about a WARRANTY issue, since that IS clearly stated in the manual that you must be the orignal purchaser, but it IS NOT stated as such for updates. Not to mention the Ford owners DO NOT need to even sent the predator in for updates.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You're right! They did deviate from their manual. I didn't need to pay roundtrip freight! Just to them, and they paid to ship it back!!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Did you even read the manaul? The section regarding updates is TOTALLY seperate from the EULA and the warranty section. There is NO reference to needing to be the original owner for updates. Here's another one for you: WHY do WE (GM owners) need to be the original owners to get the updates, but the Ford owners don't. They don't even have to sdend it in! Just download the update! Can you explain that one?

I could barely afford the $275 I paid for the Predator. I can't afford the Additional $125 to get one new from KD. I WILL NOT pay Diablo the $99 for the update. I don't NEED it. I can live with V2.0. If I can get them to fold and provide the update that they advertised as FREE OF CHARGE, great. If not, I'll live with V2.0. From their Manual:

The reference to updates is on the VERY FIRST PAGE, BEFORE the EULA/Warranty (which DOES NOT reference updates). Nowhere in there does it say ANYTHING about ANY charge to update, or needing to be the original owner, or needing the reciept.

The predator is a good product, but their customer service SUCKS.

I have a lawyer friend or two, and will be having them look at the manual and tell me if legally, they have a leg to stand on with this "Must be original owner to recieve updates" Bull$h1t. Like I've said before, I can understand it if we where talking about a WARRANTY issue, since that IS clearly stated in the manual that you must be the orignal purchaser, but it IS NOT stated as such for updates. Not to mention the Ford owners DO NOT need to even sent the predator in for updates.

No reason to get upset at me. I just corrected you with correct information. I don't like their $99 policy either. Go do a search for the "Predator Update Policy" thread and you'll see several posts in their from WASTED INCOME and myself complaining about the same thing you are posting about now. That's why I was questioning why you would buy a used one. Looks like that's why you got the "deal" for $275 that you did. Add another $100 on there for the update and you are at the $375 mark that a new undpated unit would cost.

Curious - By any chance did you buy from Big Dawg Performance - cuz I too got burned by them? They sold me a used unit as new.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Go do a search for the "Predator Update Policy" thread and you'll see several posts in their from WASTED INCOME and myself complaining about the same thing you are posting about now.
Lol, I was complaining...until I found my receipt ):h

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Curious - By any chance did you buy from Big Dawg Performance - cuz I too got burned by them? They sold me a used unit as new.
No, I got it from another member on the board. the main thing is V2.0 works fine. I would LIKE the 2.02 update for the EGR disable, but I'm NOT shelling out the $99 to have it updated. Wouldn't matter if I had paid $100 for the Predator; I STILL WOULD NOT shell out the $99 to get it updated. It's less the money and more the principal. Like I said, V2.0 works fine. I've been going back and forth with keith @ Diablo, and he keeps beating around the warranty issue. Sent me a link to their "legal.pdf", which mentions warranty, but AGAIN, DOES NOT mention UPDATES. It's not our problem that they have to take the unit apart and replace a chip to update it. It was advertised as FREE OF CHARGE. PRINTED media specifically says UPDATES ARE FREE, and they keep pointing to the EULA and Warranty sections, which DO NOT MENTION UPDATES.

Like I said earlier, they make a good product, but their CS SUCKS! Word of mouth is the best form of advertising and we are 10K+ strong... we should do everything we can to bury them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts