Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am new here! I just got my LLY 4 days ago! Much more power than the 01 dmax I have driven. I checked my fuel milage and got 18.2 MPG on my first tank. I am so exicted after leaving my gasser that was getting 10mpg on high octane! I need to know what air filter to go with. Will the new filter you are recomending increase the sound of the turbo? If you all can think of anything else I need to watch or extra maintenance to be aware of I would appreciate your help! Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
optimax

Dmaxallitech has completed a maintenacne schedule he recommends for these trucks. This seems to be a great guide to follow, and can be located on the first page of this section. As far as an air-filter I am unsure, as I will be running a stock setup when my truck arrives.

Fran

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make sure you check the lube levels in the front and rear differentials. Most of them come from the factory needing more lube.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Optimax,

U got me excited since i am going this week to buy mine, i hope. I was looking to get my fuel mileage up to about 18 with the new lly, so i'm glad to hear it. Can i deduce your also a fellow Optimax owner as i am. Cuz i love to hear your mileage numbers while towing that thing with an optimax on the back of it, if you have had a chance yet to tow.

Really like my 2500HD 6.0l, but with as much towing as i do, 10-11 mpg is hurting my fishing schedule.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BMCD, I just made up the name optimax. I own a landscape company and have been trying to take it easy on the truck. It will see a trailer this week as I have already put almost 1000 miles on it. I let my friend drive my truck that has a 01 dmax with 6 speed and he was really impressed of my lly with ally. Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
optimax,

You may want to check the recommendations about trailer towing with regard to the rear end.

I believe it says you should stay under 50mph for the first 500 miles of towing to let the differential finish getting broke in....

Just a thought, and welcome. Hang on to your wallet, these guys have way too many things to spend money on with a Dmax...
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Zeeb. I will hit the 1000 mile mark tomorrow. I got the truck last week. I love the power so much I cant quit driving! ha ha!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Had both front & rear diffs. cheked by the dealer today....They were both good, especially since I now have 1K miles.

Also had them drop the motor oil & filter at this time (something I've always done on my new vehicles to be safe.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts