Zip thank you for the heads up. I am going to do mine today, just woundering how everyone is torqueing the front top nut. I was thinking about getting a crows foot, because it looks like a deep socket would not be long enough.
Since 15 ft/lb. of torque isn't that much and I didn't have a socket long enough; I just tightened the top nut down until the rubber spacer bulged slightly then backed it off a bit. Everything seems to be working out fine. They haven't come loose and fallen off.
I still can't believe what a difference the Bilsteins have made. I didn't inform my lovely wife that I had put new shocks on. She commented the other day that the truck ride was much smoother than she remembered. I still haven't told her why.
I installed mine today and it wasn't too bad. The final hole/bolt alignment was the only thing tricky. For the fronts, I placed a beefy hole punch in one hand to align the hole and the other hand pushed the bolt in place. Much the same for the backs, except I had the hole punch in one hand and scissors in the other to cut the band. Worked like a charm even without a jack.
What a ride now!
One of the front old shocks had a couple of dead spots about half-way into the compression motion. The rears felt soft.
A forum community dedicated to Chevrolet and GMC diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about duramax engines, performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!