Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys took a chance again on GMs employ discont to trade in my 05 lly with Banks cold air , exhoust and Edge chip and getting 13/14 mpg in city 18/19 at 70mph. For this new 08 cc/sb lmm . I have not encounterd any of the things ive read on hear exsept the low fuel mileage. I have lost about 4 mpg:mad: it is a very notiseable drop. I was able to race my old truck the other day and now i think i made a mistake trading . A friend flaged us off it wasnt even a race he pulled away from the start and got me about 4 trucks at the end , so my new truck is slower than my old one and bad milage. I had tryed diff, brand name products that didnt work aswell as the Banks ones on the 05 but im seeing guys removeing the dpf and i know Banks is against that but i want my milage back. What do yall sugest? Thanks Alan

·
Registered
351 Posts
remove dpf.... open it up .. i have mine but i know what i have read on here....remove and tune....i get 20-21 on the hwy....16-17 around town.. they get better with mileage > i can attest to that and it also depends on how heavy your foot is.... keep shifts under 2k unless your getting on it...its hard to do i know...get it in 6th gear.... have read on here that the trucks need heavy loads to seat everything in... i have done what i have read on here but not remove dpf.. i still want the warranty . my .02

·
Registered
602 Posts
Mine is getting better with mileage too. When I first drove it home I got 16 at 75 now I am getting 17.5 and have just over 1700 miles on it.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
If you like banks put it on the new truck. Then you can remove the DPF and use Quadzilla to remove the DPF codes but still use stock tune or tune it out with EFILive. Not sure if PPE Hot2 + can tune out DPF and use stock tune. But any tuning applied can possible void warranty. Best thing is read the many post in the fourth generation engine and performance sections of this forum. Read all you can stand then read more is all I can say there. I myself went EFILive and turboback exhaust and this is what I get reading my sig below. Now every Duramax differs on mileage. some get 13mpg and others say 21mpg running straight stock. Most are in the 17 or 18mpg.

Brian

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just drive the truck, hook a trailer to it and go on a long road trip and by 10K miles your mileage will be back. If you remove the DPF just understand that you will lose your warranty. Do some reading on this site and you will see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in a hilly city and ive noticed it seams to shift in to high gear and lug.I first tryed useing the +/- shift it felt better but cant do that all day. So now i just use the tow haul and thats much better. I miss my old 5speed it never luged. I also noticed that in tow haul not only the shifts are longer there seams to be a diff, tune more powerful, also the blinker if you just flick the lever it blinks 3 time but when it tow haul it blinks 5 times

·
Registered
916 Posts
Mine works great 2k miles gets 16 hwy really don't drive city I have no problem with my truck love it!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I traded im my 04 LB7Sierra for my new truck. My 04 had EFI, turbo, exhaust, intake, dual fuel pumps, intercooler, Suncoast 3 with 1057, nictane, no cat and many more extras. I loved the power and it would have smoked my stock LMM. The ability to upgade the LMM is there. You just have to be willing to sacrifice your warranty for the performance upgrade. Im not ready to give up my warranty. The 65 hp difference in the LMM stock form is enough for me. There is lots to read on guys who have done the mods on LMM with great results and there are some that are sorry they did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Drive it like you just robbed a bank. Once you get past 1K miles, tow a heavy load while driving it like an Indy Car. When you get past 10K miles, your mileage will be great and you"ll have plenty of power.
I'm now averaging 19.6 mpg, and I can pass nearly anyone at anytime. Bone stock.

Then you'll be buying a Titan tank and replacing the front bumper :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.